Issue Connecting to American Express - 2FA giving only Voice options, when chosen Amex does not call

Options
PRC
PRC Member
edited November 2022 in Adding and Updating Accounts
Starting yesterday, when trying to connect to my American Express accounts, the two factor authentication comes up with only voice options, rather than the text and email options that had been showing previously. When I select the voice call, I do not get a call, leaving me unable to link the accounts. I reached out to Simplifi and they told me it was an american express issue, American Express told me it was a simplifi issue. Does anybody know how to fix this?
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @PRC,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to American Express in Simplifi.

To clarify, do you have any other MFA options enabled with American Express directly, such as email or text? Also, have you tried temporarily disabling MFA with American Express to see if you can at least get connected in Simplifi? If not, I'd suggest giving this a try, and then reenabling MFA in hopes that you can stay connected in Simplifi and the MFA prompts begin to work properly again. 

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.