Request for status update on fixing the Aspiration connection bug

Options
JamesLaslavic
JamesLaslavic Member
edited November 2022 in Adding and Updating Accounts
Happy Friday!

Just out of curiosity, has work on the Aspiration ticket started, or is this is a "the reality is that we'll get to it when we finish with everything else and nothing else is open" kind of thing? Or maybe a "we've done what we can on our end but the problem is actually on Aspiration's end" kind of thing?

(I know tone doesn't carry over text, so just to be clear: it's 100% okay regardless! I just want to adjust my expectations + find out if I should actually be poking Aspiration about this.)
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @JamesLaslavic,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community, although I apologize that you're being impacted by the ongoing issue with Aspiration.

When it comes to online banking issues, we work with our Service Provider who then works with the affected financial institution. Although I'm not sure what the status is on their investigation/a resolution, I can confirm that our Service Provider is aware of the issue and is actively working on a solution with Aspiration. 

In the meantime, we definitely suggest following the above-referenced Alert for any updates, as we will post updates as they become available. 

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• JamesLaslavic
    Options
    Although I'm not sure what the status is on their investigation/a resolution, I can confirm that our Service Provider is aware of the issue and is actively working on a solution with Aspiration. 

Would it be possible to find out anything more specific? Given that the thread is locked and not being updated, wow can the status of their investigation/resolution be obtained?

In the meantime, we definitely suggest following the above-referenced Alert for any updates, as we will post updates as they become available.

The reason I am posting is because no updates are being posted there. Surely there is something to tell! Or… if updates really are posted as they become available, and none have been posted, does that mean we should conclude that nothing at all has been done since the alert was posted?

You're doing a great job of replying quickly here, so I feel sorry for being so insistent about this. It's just that having zero information about such a critical bug that has been going on for more than a month is a little frustrating! So, any chance you can poke someone to get them to post an update (or get them to just tell us that there are too many other higher priorities for the foreseeable future), please?
  • Coach Natalie
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hello @JamesLaslavic,

Unfortunately, we don't have any further information to provide. The information we do know is that our Service Provider is aware of the issue, they're working to resolve it, and there is currently no ETA on a resolution. We have no knowledge or control over how our Service Provider prioritizes online banking issues, and I'm sure the ability to resolve such issues partly depends on the financial institution's responsiveness, as well as the cause/severity of the issue. 

Once an update/resolution does become available, we will update the Alert accordingly. Although the Alert is closed for comments, Moderators will still be able to add updates. For example, the latest update was posted at the end of September stating that the issue is still ongoing with no ETA on a resolution; sadly, nothing has changed since that time.

Sorry for not having a better answer!

-Coach Natalie 
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @JamesLaslavic,

I'm adding this bit of info as a point of reference.  Maybe it will be beneficial in helping you and others to manage expectations.  Simplifi (or more specifically their data aggregator / service provider) added one of my banks (Flagstar Bank) and the process took them about six months beginning to end.  I don't know if that's normal/average, but it hopefully shows that it can and does happen.  It's probably important to mention that I believe this occurred before I became a 'Superuser' so I don't think that had anything sway in the matter.  Mainly, I'm just saying, don't give up!

As for manually uploading transactions for non-supported banks, it's pretty easy - yes, it's annoying.  In fact, Simplifi's process is one of the better mechanism's I've come across having used (or at least tried) a wide variety of programs in the past.  Here are some non-Simplifi approved instructions that I put together (click here) back when I had two manual accounts.  They were mainly meant to help myself, but maybe you'll find them useful too.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • JamesLaslavic
    JamesLaslavic Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

I understand that if we wait long enough without asking for an update, they might get around to it. But instead of continuing to be passive like that, I am requesting that we proactively ask for one. Even if the status update is just to say that they haven't actually gotten to it, just knowing that the right people got a little nudge would make me very happy. Do you have the capability to forward my request for a status update?

Thanks for joining the conversation! However, this isn't about adding a bank. This is an outage with a bank that was already added. In your experience as a Simplifi customer, how often are there connection outages with your banks and how long do they take to get fixed?
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @JamesLaslavic,

As previously mentioned, our Service Provider is aware of the issue with Aspiration and they are actively working to resolve it. At this point, we will just have to wait to receive an update and/or resolution, at which time the Alert will be updated/resolved.

I apologize for the frustration, and we appreciate your patience!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.