Simplifi and FSA/HSA accounts

Options
spkrause
spkrause Member
edited November 2022 in Adding and Updating Accounts
Hi there, does Simplifi support these kinds of accounts?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @spkrause,

Simplifi does, more or less.  It really depends on the bank you're FSA/HSA is with as to whether Simplifi will actually sync with your account.

For example, I have an HSA with a bank (Old National) that does sync.  However, next month, my account is getting transferred to a new bank (UMB) which I HOPE syncs...we shall see.

Even if your bank doesn't sync, you can create a Manual Account.  You would just have to enter all the transactions in/out of that account manually - or upload them via .csv file.

For my existing account in Simplifi, I set it up with the "Other Banking" Account Type since they don't specifically have an Account Type dedicated for FSA/HSA Accounts.

Let us know if this didn't answer your question.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @spkrause,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

@Flopbot provided a great response above, and I'd also suggest adding your vote and feedback to an existing Idea post requesting an "HSA" account type in Simplifi: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3604/add-an-hsa-investment-account-type-edited/p1?new=1

Additionally, we have a Support Article available here that goes over all of the account types that are currently available in Simplifi. 

Let us know if you have any questions!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.