Citibank Connection Difficulty

Options
polity
polity Member
edited November 2022 in Adding and Updating Accounts
I am unable to add Citibank as an account.
I get the error:

The current multi-factor authentication method at Citibank is not supported. To connect to your account, you must change the multi-factor authentication method at Citibank.
Care Code: FDP-192

I have tried disabling 2-factor at Citibank and waiting a few days before trying again. I get the same error.
Tagged:

Comments

• polity
    Options
    Nevermind, after disabling 2FA on my Citibank login, then turning off mobile token on a different Citi Private Bank login, it worked. No idea why. Citi sucks so bad with tech it's ridiculous.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @polity,

Thanks for sharing the issue you experienced with the Community, as well as the steps to resolve it, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to Citibank in Simplifi.

Sadly, the 192 error with Citibank and Citi Cards is a known issue. For this particular issue, we do recommend disabling MFA with Citi directly before connecting in Simplifi, which it sounds like you've already discovered. Additionally, I'd suggest following our Alert for this known issue for any updates. 

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3424/new-6-9-22-citibank-and-citi-cards-returns-a-192-error/p1?new=1

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.