Difference between mobile app and web app for spending plan income item status

Options
Pmrussell892
Pmrussell892 Member ✭✭
edited November 2022 in Report a Bug
I have noticed a difference in the status of an income item within the spending plan. On the mobile app (Iphone 12 Pro Max) the status of the income is labeled as "upcoming", But when I look at the same income item within the web app the status shows as "Received". 

This also seems to be affecting the "Available amount" within the spending plan. 

Comments

• Pmrussell892
    Pmrussell892 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Also just noticed the date is missing from the web app income item in the calendar icon
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Pmrussell892

Is it safe to say you have indeed received this paycheck?  As for the difference between web and mobile, it might be a simple matter doing a refresh or of logging out, closing, re opening and logging back in on the mobile app to update and synchronize the data.  As for the missing date, not sure 🤔 what that is about.  
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Pmrussell892
    Pmrussell892 Member ✭✭
    Options
    "Is it safe to say you have indeed received this paycheck?"

I have not yet received this paycheck. I entered it as a future dated transaction dated 10/28/2022. I have my normal income setup as a recurring income item. But part of my last check, from my last pay day, was sent to a closed bank account, so i entered the one time transaction in the account register as a future dated transaction. Maybe the is my problem? But we have not come up to 10/28 yet, so seems it should not show as received and affect the spending plan yet. 

"As for the difference between web and mobile, it might be a simple matter doing a refresh or of logging out, closing, re opening and logging back in on the mobile app to update and synchronize the data."

I have tried this several times to no avail.

" As for the missing date, not sure 🤔 what that is about."

I figured this out. It is only missing in dark mode. The date shows normally in light theme mode. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @Pmrussell892,

Thank you for taking the time to post to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties with an Income Reminder in Simplifi.

Since the Web App feeds data to the Mobile App, I'd suggest taking a look at the Income Reminder from the Web App directly. Since it's marked as 'Received', you should be able to click the three dots to the right of it and then select "Edit Transaction". If the option to "Edit Transaction" is available, then the Reminder must have been linked to a transaction; otherwise, you would see "Edit Reminder" instead.

Once you have the details of the transaction that the Reminder was linked to, I'd suggest locating it in your register and unlinking it from the Recurring Series since it has not yet been received. If you determine that the above-mentioned future-dated transaction is what's linked to the Reminder, you may also consider leaving it linked since the 28th is coming right up. Totally up to you on how to proceed, but you'll definitely want to identify which transaction the Reminder is linked to. 

When it comes to what you're seeing on the Mobile App, once you've gotten everything straightened out on the Web App, I'd suggest fully signing out and back into the Mobile App just so everything gets refreshed. If you're still seeing a difference between the Web App and the Mobile App, I'd recommend fully uninstalling and reinstalling the Mobile App, while performing a device reboot in between.

As for the missing dates on the calendar icons in the Spending Plan while in Dark Mode, this is a known issue that has been reported; our Product Team is working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Pmrussell892 I've been busy with babysitting grandkids for a few days and haven't checked in much here.  It looks like Coach Natalie (as always) has given you some ways to address the issue you are having.  
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.