Custom Reports & Graphs [edited] (8 Merged Votes)

TGP
TGP Member ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests

I would like to be able to run reports against a certain payee or maybe payroll check when it is direct deposited. At the end of the year, I would like to be able to know how much I paid for charities maybe, or a certain payee and be able to download the file to a .CSV or PDF file.

9 votes

Completed · Last Updated

The ability to run custom Reports is now available with the 2.0.0 release.

Comments

• Coach Tappan
    Coach Tappan Retired Coach ✭✭✭✭

@TGP I really like this idea! It fits in with discussions we're having with our development team about adding a separate "Reports" option to a future update of Simplifi. I've moved your post to this topic to give other users a chance to cast their votes to make this a high priority. Thanks again for your feedback!

• TGP
    TGP Member ✭✭✭✭

Thank you

• bcrossman
    bcrossman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried searching “all transactions” for particular payees or categories? You can download a CSV of the search results which may accomplish your goal.

I’ve found, however, that the search function is not as precise as I’d like. In Mint, for example, when you start to type a search term, Mint suggest a search for a particular payee, tag, category or category plus the category’s sub category, and then returns transactions matching your selected search term. I find that very useful. I wish simplifi’s search function worked that way.
  • TGP
    TGP Member ✭✭✭✭

Yah, search has not been the best, that is why I though if they actually have the queries built to run reports that could do the job :)

• mazar1977
    mazar1977 Member ✭✭✭✭

I know that you cannot include ALL the features of Quicken, but the ability to create at least SOME custom reports/graphs is a MUST. We all put priority on different things we spend money on. For me, I want to be able to setup customer reports on specific categories such as Fast Food vs. Coffee Shop spending.

Please add the ability to create and save some custom reports based on dates, categories, payees, etc.

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin

@mazar1977 Great suggestion!

• tomlutz
    tomlutz Member ✭✭

I am very OCD and am a Microsoft Money user, looking to adopt another program. I consistently utilize the REPORTS option during Tax Season to submit to my accountant and would really miss this option if I gave up on Money. I'm currently utilizing both in case I give up on SIMPLIFI. Simplifi is incredibly easy to maintain, BUT it has a lot of small abilities that you don't have or are still working on. I am not a fan of the QUICKEN but this program is the CLOSEST ive been to giving up Money.

• nm27
    nm27 Unconfirmed, Member

Agreed, I find the reports feature very limited - the ability to create custom reports is a great idea.

• Coach Tappan
    Coach Tappan Retired Coach ✭✭✭✭

@nm27 Thanks for your vote for this suggestion. One specific function that some users requested is a "print view" option on our existing reports, that optimizes the display for printing, and contains a "print now" button to output the report to a printer, or graphic file format. Is that something you'd like to see?

• mazar1977
    mazar1977 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Coach Tappan said:
    @nm27 Thanks for your vote for this suggestion. One specific function that some users requested is a "print view" option on our existing reports, that optimizes the display for printing, and contains a "print now" button to output the report to a printer, or graphic file format. Is that something you'd like to see?

Printing is great, but I would recommend focusing efforts on fixing the reports feature and making it what it should be before worrying about printing something that isn't great to begin with.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @TGP,

I have gone ahead and marked this Idea as "Completed", as we have added the ability to run custom Reports in Simplifi.

For the ability to export or print Reports, please add your vote here.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• aaron
    aaron Unconfirmed, Member

i noticed the current spending vs last month graph is gone. any chance of that coming back?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @aaron,

Thanks for the inquiry!

I'd suggest creating an Idea post, requesting that the graph be added back into Simplifi, so that other Users can vote on it, and our Product Team can get an idea of how many Users would like to see it back.

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/998/creating-and-voting-for-ideas-in-the-community/p1?new=1

I hope this helps!

Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.