Automatically update accounts in the background without having to login (edited)

Options
bobluck
bobluck Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2022 in Feature Requests
Upon opening the app, I have wait several minutes for all account data to update. It would be nice if it updated on it's own in the background and was ready to view upon app launch.
15 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I've been thinking the same thing, even if it were a once a day (once every hour or two would be better) kind of update (but it would still need to sync that day's transactions).  I understand on android i would need to turn off the default battery optimization setting for the app such that it would not be prevented from running in the background if i didn't use it for a few days.

I checked and as-is it feels like the ios app syncs significantly faster at launch than I'm used to on android.  The android app makes me sit there about a minute while it synchs.

Rob Wilkens

• bobluck
    bobluck Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Additionally place a last updated/downloaded timestamp on the account header indicating the last successful connection/update.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @bobluck,

Thanks for your feedback!

I'd suggest adding your vote and feedback to an existing Idea post requesting a 'Last Sync Date/Time' for connected accounts. 

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/34/last-updated-display

-Coach Natalie
  • AkiAki007
    Options

I'm somewhat surprised that this isn't how things are done. While testing the software I would log in daily, so this went unnoticed, however now that I've gotten things updated and looking like I want (and now that I'm paying as well), I'm noticing that email notifications are mostly useless (they only get sent when the app syncs data, which is when I log in, rather than automatically).

Since credentials and data sync have been authorized, this really should be done daily and also upon login, rather than only upon login. I just got 5 emails for various bills being paid, even though they were paid last week, etc.