Edward Jones accounts will not update. Shows FDP-103 error

Options
Clark
Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
I have entered my credentials and will not update.  Returns 103 error. I can enter the same credentials on the web and get right in.
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @Clark,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to Edward Jones in Simplifi.

A 103 error indicates that invalid credentials are being used when connecting in Simplifi. To clarify, is the issue occurring when attempting to connect to Edward Jones for the first time, or are you seeing it on an existing account? If the latter, what occurred in Simplifi to cause you to have to re-enter your credentials?

To troubleshoot a 103 error, please follow these steps:
    1. Verify the bank being selected -- There may be several different versions of the same bank in the Add Account bank list, so be sure you're selecting the correct one. If you're not sure, compare the URL's shown for each bank.

2. Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Simplifi to ensure accuracy.

3. Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.

4. Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.

5. Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Simplifi.

More details on a 103 error can be found here. Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie 
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    @Coach Natalie....I have had the Edward Jones accounts for 15 years.  I have been successfully logging into Edward Jones via Simplifi for about a year now, until today. Nothing has changed in my credentials for years.  I have tried your items #1-4 above and still get the same error code 103. I can login to my Edward Jones accounts on the web with no problems.  There is something wrong or changed in Simplifi for sure.  Also,  I get the same error using Simplifi on the web. Please get someone to fix this issue asap.  Thanks, Clark
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    @Coach Natalie....I wanted to mention that Edward Jones did change the look (layout) of their log on screen recently.  Nothing changed for me, just looks different.   I did not change any credentials.  Maybe this has something to do with this 103 error.  Can you escalate this to the technical group to get fixed?  Thanks, Clark
  • 2sonsjim
    2sonsjim Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am getting the same 103 error.  Just started a few days ago.  
  • Coach Natalie
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hello @Clark,

Thank you for confirming!

We are looking further into this, as it seems others may be experiencing an issue with Edward Jones as well, and it very well may be due to the changes made to their login screen. In the meantime, please provide me with the following information:
    1. What specific changes were made to the login page, and have any other changes been made to the bank's website?
    2. What is the exact URL you use to log in to your account?
    3. What type of account(s) are you attempting to connect in Simplifi?
    4. A screenshot of the account summary page on the bank's website that includes the URL and the accounts (you can redact personal info, such as account numbers). 
    5. The format of your password (do not provide your actual password!). For example, "Quicken123$" would be coded as "Xxxxxxx###$".
    You are welcome to DM me this information for privacy if you'd prefer. :smile:

@2sonsjim -- I'm sorry to hear that you're also seeing an issue! Please follow the troubleshooting steps above (click here), and then provide the requested information as outlined in this comment if you're still unable to resolve the error. 

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    @Coach Natalie

1) Only the the way it looks was the only change.  It still requires the same username and password.....no other information was added or required.

2)https://onlineaccess.edwardjones.com/app/oa-login

3) The accounts are my IRA'S , Roth IRA'S, Trust account, and my cash manager bank account.

4) see below....

5) Xxx#xx###!

6) login screen
    Here is the screen

[removed screenshot for privacy]

• 2sonsjim
    2sonsjim Member ✭✭
    Options
    Followed steps outlined and still unable to link.  My information, site url, etc, same as Clark's.  I'm sure the error was caused by the change in Edward Jones' login page.  For what it's worth, I am also currently tracking my finances with Mint, and Edward Jones site was not able to link after their change.  However, Mint has already resolved the problem, and it links again.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @Clark,

Thank you for providing the requested information!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received.

@2sonsjim, I'd like to go ahead and get this escalated for you as well to show that this is an issue for multiple users. To do so, we will need more details from you. Please provide the following information:
    1. The names of the accounts in question, as they appear in Simplifi. 
    2. The types of accounts you're attempting to connect in Simplifi.
    3. A screenshot of the account summary page on the bank's website that includes the URL and the accounts (you can redact personal info, such as account numbers). 
    4. The format of your password (do not provide your actual password!). For example, "Quicken123$" would be coded as "Xxxxxxx###$".
    Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie

EWC-9863360
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @Clark,

Thank you for your patience as this was being researched!

I received an update from my Team stating that the escalation was closed due to the accounts being connected and updated successfully. I checked from my end and confirmed that all of the accounts are no longer in an error state, so you should be good to go.

Please let us know if we can assist with anything further!

-Coach Natalie
  • 2sonsjim
    2sonsjim Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks.
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Coach Natalie ....Thanks a lot for getting this fixed!
This discussion has been closed.