Why do questions get closed to comments so quickly?

Options
reebs26
reebs26 Member
edited December 2022 in Using the Community
Hi, I'm brand new to Simplifi (and have 16K transactions I want to import), and I'm trying to figure out if I can live with all the bugs. I keep seeing beginning discussions to my questions, but then comments get closed. (See, for instance, https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3922/manually-added-account-incorrect-balance). It would be nice to be able to build on that Q&A. Why do so many get closed? Just trying to understand the philosophy. Thanks
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @reebs26,

Welcome to Simplifi and the Community!

When it comes to closing posts, we close everything after 30 days of inactivity to keep the Community organized and current. The only exception is bug reports or online banking issues that have been escalated, as these typically take longer than 30 days for a resolution. In the case of the example you provided above, the original poster never responded back so the post was closed after 30 days of no reply. 

If you're seeing the same issue as an older post, you are welcome to create a new post outlining the issue you're seeing and reference the older post. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @reebs26, if you find a string you like to continue, just reference it in your new post and make sure to request that the new post be merged with the old.  Then, one of the coaches can merge the two posts afterwards which preserves the historical context.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • reebs26
    reebs26 Member
    Options
This discussion has been closed.