Why isn't my checkbook current to match the bank?

Options
Hide
Hide Member
New user for about 3 weeks.  Why isn't my checkbook current to match the bank?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Hide,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that your account isn't balancing in Simplifi. 

To get a better understanding of what's going on, please provide the following information:
    1. Is the account connected to the bank or is it a manual account?
    2. If the account is connected to the bank, what bank is it?
    3. Are you seeing an issue with the balance on the account, are you missing transactions, or both?
    4. If you're missing transactions, are they pending transactions, or have the transactions already cleared the bank? 
    Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1) If there are sync errors (you might see an icon next to your account name) it might not be getting updates from the bank.
    2) In general, if sync is working, simplfi gets your balance by starting with the sync'd bank balance (some banks include pending transactions in that, some do not) and applying pending/manual transactions from simplifi to that bank balance.   If you notice that it's doubling 'pending' deductions from the bank balance, that means your bank balance already includes pending transactions, and there is a toggle in account settings for 'balance with pending' that tells simplifi your bank is working this way.

Rob Wilkens

• Hide
    Options
    There is no icon by the account name that I see.  But today is the 9th and the last entry is the 8th.  It's been off since i started and nothing is in the order it is on my bank. None of the pending are there.  It makes it difficult to be able to see what I have if its not going to be current.  Is this the toggle you refer too?e current.
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's the toggle, but it may or may not be the issue - only if pending transactions were being double deducted from the bank balance - but you say you have no pending transactions on simplifi - For whatever reason, your bank may not be syncing pending transactions.  I noticed some accounts sync transactions right away, and other accounts (at different banks) only sync when they clear.

Perhaps someone from Simplifi will be able to help better, I'm just another user like you. 

Rob Wilkens

• Hide
    Options
    Thanks Rob.  I guess i shouldn't hit that button then right?  The way I read it its opposite of what I want to do.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The documentation on it, the @Coach Natalie just wrote, is kind of confusing and maybe even wrong -- but the long and short of it is - if it doesn't work one way, try it the other way, but know that it takes up to 5 hours for it to sync again (i.e. take effect).

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But no, i don't think you necessarily need to change it.

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.