Linked Transactions are sometimes marked 'past' in spending plan (edited)

RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2023 in Report a Bug
What does "Past" mean in the spending plan when looking at subscriptions?

I noticed in November:
But:
The transaction is there and on time, and as you can see by the graphic icon linked to a recurring transaction.

The only thought was that it's "pending" due to PenFed connection being down for a few months.

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited December 2022
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing this behavior in Simplifi.

When you see "Past" in the Spending Plan, it means that a transaction has not yet been linked to the Reminder and it's now past its date. Once the Reminder gets linked to a transaction, the Spending Plan will show it as "Paid". Pending transactions do not impact this functionality. With that said, did the item in question ever show as "Paid" in the Spending Plan? If so, do you know when it changed to showing "Past", by chance?

You may consider unlinking the transaction from the Reminder by editing the transaction and clicking "Unlink" under the 'Recurring bill' section. Once done, attempt to link it to the Reminder once again to see if doing so helps to clear things up. 

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Coach Natalie --

Thanks for explaining.

I hadn't honestly looked at the spending plan in a few months, and the spending plan is the only place I'm seeing this particular "Past" mark.  I was looking at last month, and it was the first time I noticed anything saying Past ever, and there were at least *3* "Past" marks under "Subscriptions".

I tried unlinking it (it was previously linked to the correct name), and relinking it, and it didn't change anything with respect to the 'past' label.

Let me check something here -- 
    It appears to be scheduled for the 4th of every month (that is when the charge was made), but because the date got changed when the transaction cleared, the date on the transaction is Nov. 5.  Could that result in the "Past" label?

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thanks for posting back!

Since the Reminder and the transaction are both in the same month, it shouldn't matter if there's a difference in dates. The only time I've ever seen an issue with something like that is when a Reminder is due at the end of the month but the transaction doesn't clear until the beginning of the following month, and it ends up moving the "Paid" Reminder to the following month (I have to edit the date of the transaction to put it back in the proper month). 

When viewing your screenshot above, I see a date of November 5th for the Reminder as well; if the Reminder is actually scheduled for the 4th, it seems like it must've been linked to the transaction for the date to change to the 5th, so I'm thinking there is something with the "Past" label not updating to "Paid" specifically. 

You mentioned that there are 3 "Past" items in the Spending Plan for November -- would you mind providing an additional example with screenshots? It would also be wonderful to have you open the Transaction Detail for each of the transactions so the Team can see the 'Recurring bill' section and see what Series the transaction has been linked to.

Please also submit your logs via the Send Feedback option and let me know once done: 
    1. Log into the Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback.
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screenshots from three past

1. My entire "subscriptions" section of spending plan from November

2. Each Transaction Detail

Ah, as I look at these transactions, the one thing they have in common is they are on the PenFed Account, and PenFed is having synch issues for quite some time

Also, all of these transactions are "Pending" as a result, which may play a part here

==Report Submitted:
    report created - reference id 357578876748288004
    Simplifi by Quicken

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Sometime in the last 3 days when i was organizing my finances with simplifi, I believe I moved all automatic billing off of PenFed because of this.  

Edit:

The card I switched billing to is more than 10% higher APR, but fortunately that card has 2% back in rewards, where the lower APR PenFed card that I have offers no rewards.

Also:  It was not only because of simplifi synching -  - I was concerned about Experian Credit Boost which seems to detect transactions on the higher APR card, whereas from Penfed transactions are not detected and it's possible where simplifi is no longer synching right that experian isn't synching with them either (I know Chase no longer synchs with them, but briefly did).

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    edited December 2022
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for providing the requested information!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received. Also, just so I can add it to the ticket -- are you seeing the same thing on the Mobile App? 

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-14688
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, @Coach Natalie, I checked

The mobile app is telling me the same thing- 3 Transactions with "Past" in orange text on a light orange background - the same transactions as above

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Thank you, @RobWilk!

-Coach Natalie
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭
    Is this limited to some users as I'm not seeing any issues ?
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    I believe this is happening because one of my banks has known synch problems, and as a result there are 'pending' transactions from that bank (months worth), and perhaps pending transactions don't register as 'paid' and instead here are showing 'past'

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie

Hello @RobWilk,

It looks like a fix for this issue is expected with the 3.75.0 Web Release. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie

@RobWilk, is this fixed for you now?

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe so, will advise if that changes.

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.