Why is Simplifi Amex Categorization so wrong/bad with Apple Pay? (edited)

Options
jl0810
jl0810 Member
edited January 2023 in Feedback
Basic example: all apply pay transactions are "cash" -- really?   Mint.com can even figure that out, and im not a mint fan.   I think you need to do a lot better guys!  

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @jl0810,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with the Community!

If you have not already done so, I'd suggest taking a look at Transaction Rules to see if you can assign a certain Category to the Payee in question so the transactions are properly categorized at the time of downloading. More details on using Transaction Rules can be found here

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie
  • jl0810
    Options
    I get it... put if it says appepay Reids Grocery you think it could figure this out?  Basically you guys should screen Apple Pay better and revert to the community (many are upset about this!)
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't have similar problems when I use Samsung pay on my watch.  

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @jl0810,

Thanks for posting back!

Although I'm not aware of any additional reports of transactions from Apple Pay not being properly categorized, Simplifi is designed to learn over time. With that said, I'd suggest continuing to edit the items in question to help Simplifi learn, as well as set up some Transaction Rules. 

If you're still seeing an issue after a few months of doing so, you're welcome to post back and let us know so we can take a closer look at that time. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.