If you unsubscribe, and then resubscribe a week or a month later, will your data still be there?

Options
Ulysses
Ulysses Member ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Troubleshooting
1. How long can we expect our data to be intact in Simplifi after unsubscribing?  1 day?  1 week?  1 month?  6 months?  Is it gone as soon as we unsubscribe?

2. Is there a way to export all user data (including reports to date) from Simplifi?  (Hopefully it's not via a long drawn out GDPR/CCPA type process where you have to wait weeks for your own data.)

3. When one resubscribes, do all your accounts just start synchronizing again?  Or do you have to re-setup everything from scratch?  At what point/time would we have to re-setup everything from scratch?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Ulysses,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

Unless you specifically request to have your Simplifi dataset deleted, the data will still be available indefinitely if you were to resubscribe to Simplifi at a later time. The same applies to bank connections -- unless the bank makes some sort of change from their end, or your credentials were updated, etc., the connections would still be available when resubscribing and signing back into Simplifi. 

As for exporting user data, the only export option that is offered by Simplifi currently is exporting transactions. This would need to be done before canceling your Subscription or you would no longer have access to the data to do so. We do offer a CCPA process, however, I'm not sure if this involves exporting your data or just removal of your data from our system.

More details on exporting transactions can be found here and more details on using CCPA can be found here and here. I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• Ulysses
    Ulysses Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Natalie for the quick and informative answer.  I'm a bit surprised data is retained indefinitely.  That's definitely nice for someone who is planning to resubscribe.  Good to know that we can specifically ask for our dataset to be deleted as well.
This discussion has been closed.