Simplifi Help Web Site is "Not Secure"

Options
RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2023 in Feedback
Chrome warns that the Simplifi HELP website (clicking 'Support' on simplfiimoney.com) is not secure...  This is because the site is not using HTTPS (it doesn't have a certificate assigned to it, for example).  The only way to see the support page is by bypassing the error page by pressing "Continue to site."

Some time back (years ago) google/chrome decided all web pages should require HTTPS support.

Here is a screencap of what I got:

Rob Wilkens

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

That is correct -- we were unable to obtain the certificate due to our Help Site being managed by a third party. I'm not sure what Chrome's requirements are, but since the site doesn't require any kind of user data or preferences or anything along those lines, the extra security isn't necessarily needed. With that said, however, we are working on a new Help Site that will be ran internally, so this will most likely change. 

I personally don't have to bypass a security warning to enter the Help Site when accessing it from Chrome, though it does say "Not secure" in the URL bar. You may consider looking at your security settings to see if you can gain access to the site without having to bypass the warning. 

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.