Rocketmortage posting the wrong mortgage payment

Chrobrego
Chrobrego Member ✭✭✭
I have a mortgage of $1350 per month and I add an additional $150 on the Rocketmortgage website to make my monthly payment $1500.  It's recorded by Rocket Mortgage as two separate line entries in their register, but my bank is charged $1500.  My schedule transaction in Simplifi should be $1500 too, but Rocket Mortgage is just reporting the actual mortgage amount, but not listing the $150 extra.  It works for [removed] and for [removed].  It doesn't seem to be working for Simplifi. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Chrobrego,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties with tracking your mortgage payments in Simplifi. 

To better understand the issue, is this occurring in your Rocket Mortgage account or in the account that you're making your mortgage payment from? If the former, is the account connected to the bank as a 'Loan' account? If so, are you seeing an issue with the actual transactions that are downloading, or just with the balance of the account? 

Also, I'm not really understanding where the Recurring Transaction comes into play -- is this setup as a Recurring Series for the account you're making your mortgage payment from? If so, is it a Linked Transfer with the Rocket Mortgage account used as the Category of the Series?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie
  • Chrobrego
    Chrobrego Member ✭✭✭
    Hi, I don't understand the Simplifi jargon quite yet -- sorry.  In plain English, I just setup a bill for my mortgage. My mortgage provider is Rocket Mortgage.  The bill is supposed to be $1550 charged to my chequing account each month -- this is principle, escrow plus a little extra principal payment.  Simplifi is just recording the principal payment without the escrow or extra principal.  I think one issue I'm having with Simplifi as a new user is that it's not intuitive to use.  In YNAB, Quicken and other financial tools, I setup the mortgage and the software automatically takes care of the rest. I was hoping it would be that easy in Simplifi too. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Chrobrego,

Thank you for providing additional details!

I apologize, however, the behavior is still unclear. Please provide the following information so we can get a better understanding of what's going on:
    1. Has the mortgage account been added to Simplifi?
    2. If so, is it connected to the bank or is it a manual account?
    3. Where is Simplifi recording the incorrect amount -- the mortgage account or the checking account? 
    4. If the incorrect amount is being recorded in the checking account, is the account connected to the bank or is it a manual account?
    5. Are you manually entering the transaction in question, or is it downloaded from the bank? 
    6. If the checking account is connected to the bank and the transaction is being downloaded there, what is the amount of the transaction on the bank's website? 
    7. Do you have a Recurring Series setup for the mortgage payment?
    8. If so, is it set up as a 'Linked Transfer' where the money is coming from the checking account and going to the mortgage account, or are you using a regular expense category for the Recurring Series? (More details on using Linked Transfers can be found here and more details on using Recurring Transactions can be found here). 
    Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.