Transactions from 'closed' accounts not in reports

Options
RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2023 in Using Reports
1. I was looking at my spending on Auto Maintenance in the current calendar year, and I thought it seemed lower than expected.
2. On searching by the payee, I noticed one transaction (brakes) that was on a now-closed credit card account -- and that transaction was not in the spending report.
3. I tried going into account settings and trying each way the setting to include the account in reports or not. Either way was the same result, and the transaction was missing from the spending report.

The third transaction, April 2022, was the closed account not in the spending report under service & parts.  You can see there is no 'exclude from reports' icon on the transaction.

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this behavior in Simplifi. 

When testing this, I'm personally seeing that transactions from my closed account still appear in the Spending Report as expected. Are you still seeing this issue in Simplifi? If so, please attempt to verify the following information:
    1. Is there just a single transaction missing from the Spending Report, or are you able to replicate the issue with additional transactions? 
    2. If you are able to replicate the issue with additional transactions, do the transactions all reside in the same closed account, or do you see the issue across multiple closed accounts? 
    3. Have you tried looking at the Total Spending Report on the Mobile App to see if the transactions(s) are also missing there, by chance? 
    Hopefully this will help in narrowing down the issue a bit further. Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, still seeing

1. Verified another transaction, from CVS on same account, did not appear on spending report (When viewed under "This Year")
    2. Same account, it turns out other accounts that are closed don't have much activity or is not includable on a spending report (i.e. payments/transfers).
    3. The transactions appear to be missing on the Total spending report on the mobile app too.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for verifying the requested info!

Please provide the following details and I'd be happy to get this issue escalated:
    1. The name of the closed account that the transactions reside in, as it appears in Simplifi.
    2. The Date, Payee, and Amount of the transactions that are missing from the Spending Report. 
    3. A screenshot of the Transaction Detail window for each of the transactions that are missing from the Report showing that the "Ignore from Reports" option is not selected. 
    4. A screenshot of the settings for the closed account under Settings>Accounts showing that the account is not being hidden from Reports. 
    5. A screenshot of the Report itself showing that the transactions are missing (it may be easiest to filter the Report to the specific Category of the missing transactions so we can easily see that the transaction is missing from the Transaction Activity of the Report).
    6. Confirm whether the missing transactions are also impacting the calculated 'Total' for the Report; this is to determine if the transactions are just missing from the Transaction Activity of the Report, or if they're also being excluded from the calculations.
    Please also submit your log files via the 'Send Feedback' option:
    1. Log into the Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send
    -Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. Closed account was named "Merrick | Stmt Est. 11th"
    2. Date, Payee, Amount of 2 sample transactions confirmed missing from reports:
         first:

second:

3. Transaction Screenshot:

second:

4. Account Settings Screenshot, unsure where to look

5. Screenshot of reports
    First, is the Division Ave Service & Parts:

There were a lot of pharmacy but i focused around april 11th

6. Is total different, - this one's a little harder but fortunately i mostly only had this years data
    Yes, that's easy looking at the Service & Parts one, that one transaction is more than the total of the rest as seen in the screenshot.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh, and I submitted feedback from the profile menu

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for providing the requested information!

For number 4, if you select the three dots at the end of the account, you'll see the option to "Hide from reports" if the account is not hidden (I confirmed this will also display on closed accounts).

Please grab a screenshot of the settings menu for the account showing that it's not hidden and then I'll get this sent up. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here:

Though my closed account doesn't have as many options to show as your sample account which is probably open.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options
    Thank you, @RobWilk!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received. 

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-14787
  • Coach Natalie
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for your patience as this was being researched!

I've received an update from my Product Team stating that this is not a bug, as the account in question is classified as a 'Loan' account and transactions from loan accounts are automatically excluded from Reports. I'm unable to confirm this from my end since I am no longer seeing an account in your dataset called "Merrick | Stmt Est. 11th", which is what was originally reported.

With that said, they recommended that you change the account type to a 'Credit Card' or some other "banking" type so the transactions show in the Spending Report as expected. I tested this in my own Simplifi by changing a closed loan account to a credit card account and the transactions appeared in the Report, so this should resolve the matter for you.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The account is now named something like "Zzz Merrick", the account is closed (may have been then as well), and is now classified as an account type of "Other Credit". Being in other credit, the transactions are now showing in the reports as desired. I accept this answer, and thanks for doing the research.

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.