Filters + split still broken

Options
timmyc123
timmyc123 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2023 in Report a Bug
https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/4057/filters-split-transactions-incorrect-total

This is still an issue in 3.71.3

(it would be helpful if discussions weren't closed until you got confirmation from the OP)
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Hello @timmyc123,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you're still experiencing this behavior in Simplifi. 

To clarify, the discussion was closed due to a lack of response and the escalation being closed out. The issue was also resolved for me personally when testing it. In fact, I am still unable to reproduce this behavior on 3.71.3, although I was last month when originally reporting it. 

With that said, in order to re-escalate the issue for your specific dataset, we'll need you to provide fresh examples that include: 
    1. A screenshot of the Transaction Detail window for each of the example split transactions that includes the Category and Amount of each split line. 
    2. A screenshot of the Filter selections that have been made.
    3. A screenshot of the 'Total' displayed in the register for the filtered transactions.
    4. A description of what the 'Total' should be based on the shared data/provided examples. 
    Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • timmyc123
    timmyc123 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To keep it simple, I created 2 sample transactions that show the problem. (the problem also happens with labels)

2 / 3

Should be self explanatory given the labels I used.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @timmyc123,

Thank you for providing the requested information!

Unfortunately, it looks like we still need some additional data from you. First, you'll want to provide a screenshot of the Filter selections that have been made. To do so, please click on the Filter icon and grab a screenshot of the selected Filters. 

Next, we do need to know what the 'Total' should be versus what is showing. I'm assuming that you filtered by "Uncategorized" and that the total should be $0, however, since we're unable to see your Filter selections, there's no way to know for sure. 

Also, please go ahead and submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option: 
    1. Log into the Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked and click Send
    Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie
  • timmyc123
    timmyc123 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The filter is simply Category: Uncategorized, and yes, the total should be zero.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @timmyc123,

Thanks for confirming!

Any chance we can get a screenshot of the Filter selections, please? Please also let us know once you've submitted Feedback via the Web App. 

-Coach Natalie
  • timmyc123
    timmyc123 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here's the other screenshot. I submitted the support thing the other day.

• Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @timmyc123,

Thank you for providing the requested information!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received. 

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-14823
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @timmyc123,

Thank you for your patience as this is being worked on!

A fix for this issue is expected with the 3.72.0 Web Release, so please be sure to let us know if you continue to see an issue after that time. 

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello again @timmyc123,

The fix for this issue has been pushed to the 3.73.0 Web Release. 

-Coach Natalie
  • timmyc123
    timmyc123 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Appears to be fixed. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.