car payment not showing in 'Bills' in Spending Plan

Options
cfields
cfields Member ✭✭
edited February 2023 in Using the Spending Plan
I make a car payment to my own bank so the payment is categorized as a 'Transfer.'  I've created a recurring transaction from this so it shows up on my 'Upcoming' dashboard.  I've unchecked 'ignore from reports' and 'ignore from spending plan' in both the 'Reminder' and the 'Series' and it still does not show up on my spending plan.  Any suggestions?  
Tagged:

Best Answers

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @cfields

You will have to change it from a transfer to a bill payment.  Simplifi, by default, ignores transfers between accounts.

Here is a support article about setting up recurring transactions as a bill or subscription.  

http://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3625912-using-the-recurring-transaction-feature

Someone else in the forum may have exact details on this, but changing this payment from transfer to bill is essential for this to appear in your spending plan and reports.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @cfields,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

What @DannyB above mentioned is correct -- Recurring Series' with a Category of just "Transfer" will not be included in the Spending Plan regardless of the ignore settings. To vote on this ability, please be sure to check out our Idea post here

To resolve this, you can either select an Expense Category as opposed to "Transfer" as @DannyB stated, or you can use a Linked Transfer, which would only work if you're also tracking the loan account in Simplifi. However, the Linked Transfer option would be a little messier since you'll see both sides of the Transfer in the Spending Plan. I'd suggest using an Expense Category as well. 

Let us know if you have any additional questions!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• cfields
    cfields Member ✭✭
    Options
    Works with a category other than 'transfer' as suggested - thanks!
This discussion has been closed.