Simplifi Will Not Connect to Bank of America

Options
mdkerns
mdkerns Unconfirmed, Member
edited February 2023 in Adding and Updating Accounts
Neither the mobile nor the Web-based Simplifi apps will connect with my Bank of America accounts--& my Bank of America accounts show that authorized access was granted to Quicken/Simplifi today, 1/02/2023 (BoA is NOT the problem).  I already paid my Simplifi subscription fee & wanted to set up the account today, while I have time (day off).  I've tried 23 times & failed to connect with both the mobile & Web-based apps.  Now I'm chuffed. [removed - profanity] is going on?!
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @mdkerns,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to Bank of America in Simplifi. 

Although we do have a known issue regarding adding and updating accounts in Simplifi with an Alert that's available here, I'm not seeing any connection attempts for you from our end under the email address associated with your Community Profile. 

With that said, please provide more details so we can get a better idea of what's going on. When attempting to add your Bank of America accounts, are you presented with a particular error? Also, have you attempted to connect to any other banks in Simplifi? If so, what happens?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie
  • mdkerns
    Options
    I have tried 46 times--& failed, to add my Bank of America accounts to Simplifi-- using both your mobile & Web-based app. Yet Bank of America has processed & approved the authorization for Quicken-Simplifi--& I have 20-plus BoA notifications of authorized access for Quicken-Simplifi.  Every time I submit the BoA form for authorization via your apps, the submission of the BoA authorization access form hangs up or ends with an accessd enied message. I NEVER get beyond this or succeed in linking Simplifi to my BoA accounts--yet BoA confirms Quicken-Simplifi access authorization. On your Web-based app, I use Chrome as my browser.  Unless you can resolve this quickly I wish to cancel my request for a month's trial, which required me to enter my credit card information.
  • mdkerns
    Options
    Well, I switched to the Firefox browser---& got through.  I now have an account--& will have to spend a lot of time updating Simplifi's automatic assignments/classifications of my transactions.  Not sure if Simplifi will be much of an improvement over Mint (which I have had but not used for years...after opening an account).  Stay safe.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @mdkerns,

I'm glad to hear you were able to get connected! Let us know if there's anything further that I or the Community can assist with as you're getting up and running in Simplifi. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.