Can Canadians use Simplifi? (Using manual import)

Options
sheilamartin
sheilamartin Member
edited February 2023 in Getting Started
Happy New Year!

I'm looking for a new financial planning app and love what I can see of the Simplifi UI and dashboard.

I know that I won't be able to use bank feeds, but I'm fine with manually importing. 

Tried to sign up with a credit card, but the payment info stopped me at the Zip code screen. (It doesn't like my Canadian postal code.)

Then I tried with PayPal. The PayPal screen opens and I confirm there, but when I click "Start your free trial" nothing happens.

Am I out of luck, or is there a way to make this happen?

Thanks!

Sheila

Best Answers

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Happy New Year, @sheilamartin and @Shunt

Unfortunately Simplifi is not yet available outside the US.  This Support Article includes these notifications:

Can I use Simplifi anywhere?

Simplifi can be used anywhere in the U.S. If you’ve got access to the internet, you can connect to your account. Please note: if you’re traveling abroad, you may experience an issue signing into Simplifi until you return to the U.S.

Can I add bank accounts outside the U.S.?

Unfortunately, Simplifi is intended to only connect with U.S. financial institutions. Therefore, you will not be able to add any international account, including Canadian.

I'm a Simplifi user so one of the Coaches that monitor this forum will have any new info about use outside US.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @sheilamartin & @Shunt,

Thank you for posting your inquiry to the Community, and happy New Year!

What @DannyB provided is correct -- Simplifi is currently not supported outside of the US, unfortunately. If you have a US address to use when placing the order, you may be able to get it to go through and then use Simplifi manually, however, you'll most likely experience trouble even signing into Simplifi while outside of the US.

Sorry for not having better news!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• Shunt
    Shunt Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Happy New Year to ! Same thing for me, i'm stuck at the zip code screen and i have canadian zip code. Paypal dont work for me to, nothing happen when i click 'Start your free trial'.
  • sheilamartin
    Options
    thanks @DannyB and @CoachNatalie

Do you know if opening in Canada is on the roadmap? (If yes, I'll check back from time to time.)

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    No problem, @sheilamartin!

Sadly, support outside of the US is not being considered at this time. Please feel free to check back in at any time, though!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.