Banking calculations need fixing

Options
Dubbsix
Dubbsix Member
edited February 2023 in Feedback
Banking widget provides misleading information by including credit card balances in its calculation.  Since credit card debt is always negative, there is a chance the widget will report a negative "Banking" balance which is confusing.  

Please break out Credit Card accounts into their own section and remove them from the Banking calculation.  When I see banking, I would like to easily see the amount of money I have in my banking accounts, not my net worth.
Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If this were an idea post, i would vote for it.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @Dubbsix,

Thank you for sharing your suggestion with the Community!

I found an existing Idea post requesting that Credit Cards be moved to the Debt tab instead of Banking -- https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/445/move-credit-card-debt-to-debt-tab-not-banking#latest

Would something like this meet your needs, or would you prefer Credit Cards to have their own section? I'm thinking either way, the Idea post I linked above would cover the request. I'd definitely suggest adding your vote and feedback there, and I can edit the title if needed to include Credit Cards having their own section. 

@RobWilk, please be sure to add your vote as well. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.