Edits made to Reminder amounts are reverting to the Biller amount (edited)

Options
Arun
Arun Member ✭✭✭
edited August 2023 in Report a Bug
Sometimes when I update the amount due for a bill, it gets override back to the old value the next time I open the app.

For example I have an amex credit card bill and an wells Fargo credit card bill. Both of these are connected to the respective accounts. A few days ago I updated the value of the upcoming bills. Both changes get saved but when I open the app today , they went back to the old values

This happens a lot and is very annyoining. I suspect the bill connector is overriding my change. Can this be fixed please 
Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you mean editing one instance of a recurring series at some time resets to the series settings?   If so, I've seen this with amount and date being reset.  I reported it for the date reset, but in december i changed some amounts and they may have also reset.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I will note if you edit the series, i know that seems to override manual edits

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @Arun,

Thank you for reporting this behavior to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues in Simplifi. 

To clarify, are you editing a single Reminder, or are you editing the entire Recurring Series? Also, do you edit the amounts before your next bill becomes available? If so, the information provided by the Biller would override the amount at the time of bill presentment, as this is how Bill Connect is designed. If this is the case, you'd either want to disconnect the Recurring Series from the Biller, or you can edit the Recurring Series and select "Don't auto-update" for the Amount under the Bill Connect settings. More details on both of these options can be found here

If you're updating the amount after the bill amount has already been presented and updated in Simplifi, we'd then want to look at this a bit differently. As @RobWilk mentioned, there have been other reports of Reminder edits reverting made here in the Community, and I've also seen it occur personally from time to time. We can certainly take a closer look if this is the case.

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie
  • Arun
    Arun Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Its the second scenario you mentioned. The bill amount has already been presented and updated in simplifi and then I am making edits to a single reminder for that bill. This happens if I have refunds posted to my credit card after my statement for the month and hence reducing the balance I have to pay. 

An additional note that sometimes, the reminder automatically updates to reflect this new statement balance but it doesn't always happen and that's when I have to manually update it and it gets overridden 
  • Coach Natalie
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hello @Arun,

Thanks for confirming!

To clarify, when the Amount is overridden, is it defaulting back to the Amount that was entered during the Recurring Series setup? If so, it sounds like you're experiencing something similar to what @RobWilk is where Reminder edits are reverting. 

To further investigate this behavior, please provide the following information:
    1. The original Date, Payee, and Amount of the Reminders.
    2. The Amount that the Reminders were edited to and when they were edited.
    3. The Amount that the Reminders were reverted to and when they were reverted.
    4. If the Reminders are reverting to the Amount provided by Bill Connect (as opposed to the Amount entered during the Recurring Series setup), in addition to the original Amount requested above, please also provide the amount that was updated via Bill Connect, as well as when they were updated to that Amount. 
    Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option by following these steps: 
    1. Log into the Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked and click Send
    Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • Arun
    Arun Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    When the amount is overridden, it is defaulting back to the latest bill amount and NOT the recurring series amount . 

1. Jan 21, BILT Credit Card Payment 334.42 . Connected to Wells fargo biller 
    2. 181 
    3. 334.42
    4. 334.42 (as mentioned above it reverts to the original bill amount) 

Also I want to note that this is not a good way to submit bug information, where it is publicly available for all to see. I am sure your engineers would have been able to investigate the issue with the information I had already provided ( account details and biller name) . One of the reason I have avoided posting about this bug for so long is because I knew it would be a back and forth on this community to get it reported.  
  • Coach Natalie
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hello @Arun,

Thank you for providing the requested information!

For number one, is the original amount of the Recurring Series $334.42? If not, and that is instead the amount that was updated from the Biller, we will need the original amount of the Series (the amount that was entered during the Recurring Series setup). Additionally, please let us know the date that you edited the Reminder, as well as the date that the Reminder was reverted. 

To clarify, we need specific details in order to escalate bugs and other issues. This is why we outline the specific information that is needed so we can provide that to our Product Team. When it comes to sharing things via the Community, if you'd prefer a more private support experience, we encourage you to reach out to our Support Team directly to engage in a private chat session instead of posting to the Community. 

http://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

With that said, if you'd prefer to continue reporting this issue here, please provide the remaining requested information and I'd be happy to get it escalated. You can also DM the information to me here in the Community to keep it private. Otherwise, if you choose to reach out to Chat Support instead, you can let them know that you started reporting this via the Community, and I can share the thread with them so you're not providing the same information twice. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Arun
    Arun Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi Natalie

Thanks for letting me know about the alternative ways. Lets just finish here since we already started.

The amount of the recurring series is $20. I do not know the exact dates on which I edited things or on which the amount reverted. Both of the events happened in the last 2 weeks. 

• Coach Natalie
    Options
    Thank you, @Arun!

I have gone ahead and gotten this reported and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received. 

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-14867
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Arun,

Thank you for your patience as this issue is being researched!

Our Product Team has requested an update from you on this, and they're wondering if the issue is still occurring. Please let us know, thank you!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Arun,

Have you been able to take a look at this, by chance? Please let us know, thank you!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Arun,

I wanted to reach out one last time before closing out the escalation — please be sure to let us know if this issue is still occurring for you.

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Arun,

Since we never heard back from you, I did go ahead and get the escalation closed out accordingly.

Please let us know if there's anything further we can assist with!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.