Add Zillow to Track Property Value (2 Merged Votes)

zgarretson
zgarretson Member
edited February 16 in Feature Requests

Mint allows you to add your property for net worth tracking. Can't seem to find that in Simplifi. Would be nice if Intuit could even partner with Zillow or something to try and track your property value over time.

53 votes

In Progress · Last Updated

Zillow integration is underway!

Comments

• bowgy4
    bowgy4 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

I think part of the issue is that needing to add "+" before a transaction is not intuitive. The default should be positive and then using a minus sign would make it a debit. That would be more intuitive in my opinion. Or have a separate field for credit/debit, or a check box.

During the property setup dialogue, you should ask for the starting value, just like is done in Mint. Ideally, property would be tracked like in Quicken so you can record the mortgage details and property value and the system is smart enough to calculate the amortization and factor that into a future net worth calculation.

• JTO
    JTO Member
    edited January 2020

The net worth calculation deducts what is owed on a mortgage but does not add back in any equity for the home/asset. For a realistic picture of one's financial position I would include equity in the asset. Other programs allow Zillow to estimate home value and deducts the loan from the estimate. Or you could just allow us to input the value we give the asset.

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin

@JTO Great suggestion!

• Marcus
    Marcus Member ✭✭✭✭

JTO - You have the option of creating an Asset account for your home and manually assigning a value. Does that accomplish what you are trying to do?

-Marcus
  • JTO
    JTO Member

@Marcus - Perfect. Your suggestion was just what I was looking for. I was able to find that option under add manually. Appreciate your help!

• Marcus
    Marcus Member ✭✭✭✭

You're welcome, however you are on to something. It would be nice to be able to have the system pull the home value automatically from Zillow.

-Marcus
  • keesdewit
    keesdewit Member

Please do not. Zillow is far from accurate, especially in neighborhoods with few sales and in rural areas.

• keesdewit
    keesdewit Member

@Marcus said:
    @keesdewit Zillow is a good reference for my area. Simplifi can have you use the Zillow estimate as an option... your choice.

Sure, optional is fine.

• barryh
    barryh Member ✭✭

A decent feature of mint.com. Can't drop mint.com completely until I can track home and car values easily.

• Please include this. Is there a separate way to vote on this?

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin

@FierceNinja You are able to vote on this post. Just click on the upward arrow in the blue section, to the right :smile:

• frieden
    frieden Unconfirmed, Member

+1 for this. It's offered on Mint so no reason it can't be offered here.

• Raineykl
    Raineykl Member

Personal Capital links to Zillow as well. Without true asset values, you don't have true net worth. Please link to Zillow and perhaps even KBB!

• HSC
    HSC Member ✭✭

Agreed that having this in general for large asset tracking would be great! Houses and cars are at the top of my list here.

• Some other aggregators offer a way to add real estate assets that auto update their values by pulling data from Redfin (or Zillow). It'd be cool to have for Simplifi to do that!

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @ltg,

Thanks for posting to the Community!

I have gone ahead and merged your Idea post with an existing Idea post requesting Zillow. Please note that this Idea is "In Progress", and is coming soon! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie

• Good day! Just wanted to begin by saying that I absolutely love this product and it is something that I have needed in my life for a long time! Many of the features offered by Simplifi, I have been doing manually using a different checkbook website, unaware that Simplifi existed.

Anyway, one feature that I was wondering if the developers have on there pipeline is pulling value estimates from sites like Zillow? There are other sites out there that offer this feature and it would be nice to have this ability added to Simplifi.

Anywhos, thanks for your time.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @megabuster0214,

Thank you for taking the time to post your suggestion to the Community!

I have gone ahead and merged your Idea post with an existing Idea post requesting that Zillow be implemented in Simplifi. Please note that this Idea is In Progress, meaning that you will see this ability added to Simplifi in the near future.

I hope this helps! :)

-Coach Natalie
  • SlavaSk
    SlavaSk Member
    edited March 2021

@zgarretson , You can add a positive value to your property account! You can do that by adding a plus symbol before prior to entering the amount. I appreciate the suggestion about partnering Zillow or another company similar to Zillow to help you track your properties seamlessly!

Where in the UI can I add an Asset account??
  • Coach Natalie
    edited March 2021
    Hello @SlavaSk,

Thanks for posting!

To add an asset account to Simplifi, you'll want to add a manual account, and then select "Asset" for the Account Type. There are then a few different options that you can select for the account:

This Support Article has more details on adding manual accounts in Simplifi.

I hope this helps! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Pargo
    Pargo Member
    Hi, is there any update on this feature? Last comment was it should be coming beginning of this year
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @Pargo,

I apologize for the delay, however, this feature is still being worked on. Stay tuned for future updates! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.