Mobile App: Stay at or near historical transaction after updating it (edited)

Tbone
Tbone Member
edited February 2023 in Report a Bug
When I update a historical transaction [on the mobile app], I’d love to be able to stay at (or near) the transaction I’ve updated…instead it takes me all the way back to the most current transaction. I’d love thoughts on whether this is possible if not already addressed, thanks! 

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited January 2023
    Hello @Tbone,

Thank you for posting your suggestion to the Community!

Would you mind clarifying your request a bit, please? When testing this by editing a historical transaction on the Simplifi Web App, the changes are saved and my register doesn't move (meaning that it stays at or near the updated transaction). 

Are you referring to the Simplifi Mobile App specifically? If not, please provide a step-by-step process of what you're doing and what occurs, i.e. how far back is the transaction you're editing, how you're editing it, what happens when saving the changes, etc. 

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie
  • Tbone
    Tbone Member
    Hi Natalie - yep, on the mobile app, when I update a transaction I’d like to maintain my scroll position, thanks!
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Tbone,

Thanks for confirming!

When testing this, I am seeing that editing a historical transaction from the account directly maintains the scroll position in the register. However, when editing a transaction from the All Transactions page, I do see that it jumps up to more recent transactions, though not the very most recent. 

Is this what you're seeing also? Have you tried editing the transaction from both the All Transactions page and from the account itself? Do you notice any difference in behavior? Also, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Mobile App to see if doing so helps to clear up the behavior? 

It seems to me that editing a historical transaction should not change your scroll position in the register. This is how it works on the Web App, and seems to be how it should work on the Mobile App as well. I'm thinking this may be a bug as opposed to a feature request, however, we'd need more specific details from you to be sure. 

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.