Lag while updating fields

Simon Jemani
Simon Jemani Member ✭✭
edited February 2023 in Report a Bug
Using the App on a Windows 11 PC and while my download/upload speeds are 400/25 from Los Angeles, updating Tags and Notes fields of a list of displayed transactions seems not only laggy but getting slower over time. I've been using Simplifi for 6 months. Now I cringe when I need to update transactions to then export them and study them further using Excel pivot tables. Support was able to replicate the same and suggested I add a posting here to help. It takes me 4 or 5 seconds to go between two fields (Tags and Notes) as I update them manually. After making a Tag selection for example, I could click on the Notes field 5 time before the cursor is seen blinking in the field. I've noticed that a field accepts entries from my keyboard only after the "Transaction Updated" popup disappears from the lower left of the screen. It seems like an acknowledgment from the server is taking a long time and can be looked into, not sure. I have the same experience with Windows 10 and with Chrome web portal using both PCs. The iPhone app is not snappy either so I hope this all leads to a faster-responding system soon.  Thanks. Could it be related to the number of transactions I have in my account? As I mentioned, it seems like it's gotten slower than when I first started using it so that makes me wonder. I have 35 or so Accounts configured with a lot of transactions.
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Simon Jemani,

Thank you for reporting this behavior to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing a lag when updating transactions in Simplifi. 

The issues with latency and touch response on the Simplifi Mobile App is a known issue that our Product Team is actively working to resolve. We have a post available here that can be followed for updates. 

For the Simplifi Web App, we do have a known issue regarding latency when importing 3+ years' worth of transactions (see here). Have you imported historical data, by chance? I can see how the same issue may be presented with a large number of accounts/transactions in general, however, I'm only aware of it occurring after importing years' worth of historical data. 

With that said, I'd suggest trying from a different browser and/or in incognito mode on Chrome to see if performance improves. If it does, it may be a caching issue with your browser where we'd suggest clearing your cache and cookies to see if doing so helps to clear things up. 

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • Simon Jemani
    Simon Jemani Member ✭✭
    Hi Coach Natalie,

I'm glad you send me the links in your post. The one about slowness due to historical data import resonated with me as I have imported data as well (since 2021from Mint). Is there a way to know how many pieces of data we have so that we can identify this problem better? Someone who has imported 10 years of data could have less data than another person who has imported 3 years of data for example.

I am saddened to learn that this issue has been open / known since January 2021. How can we get this prioritized? If voting is the only way, I suspect power users will simply move away and not bother with it if it takes months to resolve a key experience issue like this. I'm thinking about looking for another product, especially now that I see this issue has been open for so long. I really don't want to move to another product as I just moved from Mint last summer.

With regards to troubleshooting, I tried Chrome Incognito and the performance is the same. I have Simplifi running as an app in Windows it seems. What is that version called? It has an icon on the desktop and comes up as it own windows. Perhaps it is run by Chrome. Should I refer to it differently? Regardless the performance is the same there, on Chrome Incognito and the iPhone app.

kai4389 user seemed to have a decent proposal from April 2022. Has what he suggested been tried? He reported having only 2000 transactions and experienced slowness even then.

You can merge this thread with the other thread about historical data if you like.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Simon Jemani,

Thanks for posting back!

Unfortunately, we don't have any further info to provide on the specs of the issue, what the product Team has tried or intends to try, nor is there an ETA to provide on a resolution. At this point, our Team is aware of the issues and they're working to improve the performance of both the Web and Mobile Apps, with an emphasis on the Mobile App currently. 

Since you're seeing the issue on both the Web and Mobile Apps, as well as when using the Chrome extension app (this is what I call it -- it's basically an extension that's enabled through the Chrome browser that allows you to access Simplifi without opening a browser page), I'd say you're most likely experiencing the issue due to importing historical data. 

With that said, I'd definitely suggest following along with those above-referenced posts for updates. I'm watching the tickets for both issues (Mobile & Web), and I'll be sure to post updates when they become available. For more details on following a Community post, please see our FAQ here

Sorry for not having better answers for you!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.