Venmo Error FDP 102, FDP-163

Options
danbronzy
danbronzy Member
edited February 2023 in Adding and Updating Accounts
Running into several errors trying to link my Venmo account to Simplifi. This is the second time I've tried to add my venmo account in the last several months, and both times this issue has occurred (this issue did not self resolve as was indicated by other answers).

When I enter my username and password, I get an FDP-163 error. If I keep trying to do this, it occasionally works and puts me through to the MFA step. Once I complete the MFA step, I get the FDP-102 error and am back to square 1. If I try and enter my username and password again, I get the FPD-163 error.

Tagged:

Comments

• nnoonnoo
    Options
    +1 same error
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @danbronzy & @nnoonnoo,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're both experiencing difficulties connecting to Venmo in Simplifi. 

I was able to confirm the 163 error from our end and have gone ahead and gotten both of these instances escalated. I'll be sure to post back as soon as an update is received. 

-Coach Natalie

EWC-9970241 & EWC-9970268
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @danbronzy & @nnoonnoo,

Thank you for your patience as this was being researched!

I've received an update on the escalation stating that they discovered the source of the issue and have submitted a ticket with Venmo directly. Unfortunately, I'm unable to view or track the ticket that was submitted, so I won't be able to provide you with updates. 

With that said, we suggest continuing to try to connect the account in Simplifi in hopes that the issue gets resolved with the bank. You may also consider tracking the account manually in the meantime. 

Sorry for not having a better answer!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.