Feedback regarding community engagement posts

System
System Administrator admin
edited February 2023 in Using the Community
This discussion was created from comments split from: Share your favorite knock knock joke!.

Comments

• Chrobrego
    Chrobrego Member ✭✭✭
    Would you PLEASE stop cluttering the announcement section with nonsense?  I come here to get information on this app.  Is this a professional business or a high school instagram account?
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    @Chrobrego, so you know, the first 8 or so posts are always pinned to the top and cycle between things like this….or more specific common errors, community notices, etc.

I suspect that Simplifi includes posts like this one to help build a sense of community/friendliness and - based on other users replies to posts such as this - they’re generally appreciated.

I understand that you are not interested in these sorts of posts so just scroll past the first 8 or so posts.  These joke posts are always titled in a way that’s pretty easy to pick out without opening them and they’re very transitory in their pinned position; after a few days, they disappear.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Chrobrego
    Chrobrego Member ✭✭✭
    They can build a sense of community by creating a road map that is viewable by users, providing timely responses to bug reports and regularly improving the product. A product that is actively developed, provides value and works properly builds a community by itself.
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer a product that has -already- been developed and is not actively being changed because when things change, things break, or features you once liked get replaced by features you don't like.  Something well developed should not have to change much.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Chrobrego,

Thanks for sharing your feedback regarding the Community engagement posts. 

These posts are designed to add some fun to the Community and increase user-to-user engagement. We have no intent at this time to discontinue them. If you see a post in the Community that's not what you're looking for, we suggest continuing your search for the proper topic. If you have questions about how to locate Announcements, Alerts, or other posts in the Community, please let us know and we'll do our best to help.

We appreciate your understanding!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.