The Community is getting a makeover!

Options
Coach Natalie
Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
edited March 2023 in Announcements
We are currently working on a redesign for the Community home page that should be live this week. We just wanted to give everyone a heads-up and ask for any feedback or suggestions!

Part of the changes will include a tabbed set of Discussions that will be available from the Community home page. You'll see: 
  • Trending Discussions - The top 10 discussions that have received the most comments and positive reactions this week.

• Announced Discussions - The 10 most recent globally announced discussions.

• Recent Discussions - The 10 most recent discussions that have been created or commented on. 

Let us know what you think!

Comments

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Um, maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t see a way - short of searching - to see older posts.  On the three hyperlinks below the boxes, none of them have pagination navigators at the bottom of them.

My feedback:

1.) The boxes are too big and require too much scrolling on mobile.
    2.) The community leaders’ rankings only need to be displayed at the bottom of one page (home?); not all three pages.
    3.) Sorry, I liked the old site better.  Maybe this one will grow on me over time.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback, @Flopbot!

Sorry for the confusion -- I learned that the tabbed sets of Discussions only display the top 10 or 10 most recent discussions for each set (I updated the definitions above). You can still access all discussions from the respective categories, such as all "Recent Discussions" can be accessed here. The goal for the tabbed sets is so users can see what's currently happening. 

I did share your feedback regarding a mobile browser. You may have a better experience when viewing the Community home page from a web browser:

-Coach Natalie
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @Coach Natalie,

So, I’ve given it some time and really tried to learn to like it. However, there are two things that I just can’t get past.
    1. The size of the category boxes on mobile for iPhone.  They’re just massive and it takes three swipes to get past them.
    2. There needs to be a “Read All Posts” link (maybe located at the bottom of the “Recurring Discussions” tab/page so that we can see an unfiltered list of every single discussion from newest at the top down to the oldest. With the old layout, that was the only way that I even remotely came close to keeping up… I just kept scrolling till I found the point where it went from bold to unbold meaning that I had already reviewed the posts from that point back.  When everything was unbold, I knew my work was done.  Now, I find myself having to bounce between various locations/categories/screens trying to keep up.
    For background, I do most of my stuff in the community on either an iPhone (40%) or an iPad (40%). Since I often find myself browsing the community during random little snippets of time throughout the day, I’m rarely at a laptop (20%).  Also, I often have to do most of my cruising of the community as bigger batches when I have more time, usually multiple days apart.

If you see me missing stuff that you want me to reply to, definitely do feel free to mention @Flopbot like you did in that one post from Clark recently. That was really helpful!

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Thanks, @Flopbot!

I did pass your feedback along regarding the category boxes on a mobile browser. To see recent discussions listed in chronological order, I'd suggest working from our Recent Discussions page here. This lists all of the discussions in order of when they were posted/last commented on, with announcements pinned to the top; once your review a discussion, it will no longer be bold. 

Your workflow matches mine and this is the page I primarily work from to make sure I view all new posts. It works for me from a web and a mobile browser. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.