Why does Bank Balance include transactions in Simplifi that aren't known by my bank yet?

Options
Jeannette
Jeannette Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2023 in Adding and Updating Accounts
For example, I have a credit card payment reminder set for today but I haven't paid the bill yet so it definitely hasn't hit my bank yet but it is still counted against my Bank Balance.  I would like to be able to rely on Bank Balance as a true indicator of the balance reported by my bank.  Otherwise I have to log into my bank account separately to verify it.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Jeannette,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

If an account is connected to the bank in Simplifi, the balance should always match what the bank is reporting. The only exception is if you have 'Pending' transactions listed in Simplifi for the account, as Simplifi is designed to count pending transactions toward the balance reported by the bank.

Is this what you're seeing? If so, and you'd prefer to have Simplifi not count pending transactions toward the balance provided by your bank, you can disable this by following the steps listed in our Support Article here

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach natalie

Answers

• Jeannette
    Jeannette Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you coach Natalie! Your explanation let me to an idea for improvement. It would be nice to be able to see both the bank balance and balance with pending on accounts. Displaying both would be preferred or add a toggle right in the account rather than having to go back to settings / account to make this change. 
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
  • Jeannette
    Jeannette Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks!  I added my vote.  That was suggested back in 2020.  How often do you release new features?
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Great, @Jeannette!

As for how often new features are released, it honestly just depends on the feature and what the Product Team is working on. For this particular request, the Idea status is still "Active", meaning that it has not been submitted to the Product Team for review, and is also not currently being considered. Sadly, the Idea only has 8 votes so it hasn't received a whole lot of user interest in the 2+ years since it's been created.

In the meantime, you can follow the Idea post by following the steps listed in our FAQ here and you'll be automatically notified of any updates. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.