Spending Plan Double Dips in categories

Options
Chrobrego
Chrobrego Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2023 in Report a Bug
My son has $125 in music lessons each month. Simplifi recognized this as a monthly subscription and I incorporated it into the Spending Plan under Subscriptions.  Good so far.

The 'Music Lessons' category is a subcategory to a parent category named after my son where we keep his other categories such as 'school trips' and 'school lunch."  

I then added my son's 'parent category' to the 'Planned Spending' section and assumed that Simplifi would not include the music lesson monthly bill but would just include all the other discretionary non-subscription/bill category charges.  Simplifi did include all of my son's monthly charges BUT also double charged by including the music session again.  It shows up in Simplifi BOTH in Subscriptions and in Planned Spending. 

What I expected:  I expected Simplifi to realize that this charge was already coming out in subscription and to remove it from the category under planned spending. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @Chrobrego,

Thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this behavior in Simplifi. 

The expected behavior that you outlined above is correct -- if a transaction is linked to a Recurring Reminder, it will be counted towards the Bills and Income section of the Spending Plan and should not be included toward a Planned Spending expense of the same Category. With that said, is the item in the Subscriptions section of the Spending Plan linked to the actual transaction, or does it still show it as an upcoming item? 

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.