Money transferred from checking to investment account not showing in holdings

Options
theoracle39
theoracle39 Member
edited March 2023 in Investments
I just started using Simplifi and I searched for an answer to this question, but I couldn't find one.  I have an entry in my checking account which is for a $100 investment into my kids 529 accounts.  I did the transaction as a split transfer, $50 into each 529 account.  When I check the 529 accounts, there are no holdings.  I can add cash manually to the 529 accounts without a problem, but it seems like transferring cash doesn't work.  How do I see the money transferred to investment accounts as cash holdings or is this a known issue?

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @theoracle39

Welcome to Simplifi!  This is a bit tricky since Simplifi is working on integrating investment accounts more fully into the Simplifi ecosystem.  First, if you haven’t already, go to Settings > General > turn on “Early Access.”. This will allow you to track and edit investment transactions in the web app only for now… when it’s working.

Here is a support article about this capability.

Sometimes investment transactions are there and sometimes not, hang in there, so far they come back.  When working you will be able to see your transfers into the investment accounts that are connected to Simplifi.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @theoracle39,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

As mentioned in the Support Article provided @DannyB, Investment Transactions won't affect your Portfolio Value or account balances in any way and are instead meant to be a behind-the-scenes scenario where you can track individual transactions without impacting your Portfolio. To update your Portfolio value, you'll want to add or edit the cash or holdings for the account in the Investments section directly; more details on this can be found here

Let us know if you have any questions on this!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.