Citi Bank: Cannot Connect My Accounts Any Longer

Options
I am having connectivity issues with my Citi accounts. Simplifi is asking me to remove 2-factor authentication from my Citi login.

I refuse to lower the security posture on my bank account, even for a moment, just to accommodate Quicken and/or Simplifi.

Looking at previous requests for help, I can see that Simplifi has been aware of this issue for almost a year. When will we finally be able to connect Simplifi with our Citi Bank Accounts without compromising account security? 

Are there other banks with which Simplifi will contact securely without requiring removal of 2FA?
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Hello @Slcrhoffman,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to Citi in Simplifi. 

When viewing your account from our end, I am seeing that you're being impacted by the known issue with Citibank and Citi Cards returning a 192 error: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/3424/new-6-9-22-citibank-and-citi-cards-returns-a-192-error/p1?new=1

It sounds like you're already aware of this issue, as well as the suggestion to disable MFA with Citi directly to connect in Simplifi. Unfortunately, we don't have any further information or suggestions to offer at this time; the issue is being worked on, however, we also don't have an ETA to provide on a resolution. 

Hopefully other users come along with great suggestions and feedback for you. You may also consider contacting Citi directly to help make them aware of the issue. 

Sorry for not having a better answer!

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.