Prime Store Card (Amazon/Synchrony) rarely (or never?) matches transactions

Options
RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
This is not that high of a priority issue for me.

However

Synchrony's Prime Store Card (Amazon Store Card) (not that amazon card from Chase) never seems to match to my entered transactions.   I always seem to manually enter a transaction, and once transactions download I get a duplicate transaction entry - then i have to delete one of the transactions (typically,I delete the manual one because it is pending).

I don't use this card "a lot" so it's not that big of a deal.

But I thought it was worth noting.

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for posting this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this behavior in Simplifi.

Based on your description, it sounds like you're doing the right thing by deleting one of the duplicate entries. You can also merge the manual pending transaction with the bank downloaded version of the transaction, as Simplifi is designed to learn over time and doing so may help increase the chances of the transactions being properly matched in the future. 

Our Support Article here has more details on how to resolve duplicate transactions, as well as how to merge a manual transaction with a bank downloaded transaction. The section you'll want to look at is titled "Merge a Manually Entered Transaction with a Bank Downloaded Transaction".

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie 
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow, I learned something new from that article, specifically: How to use the merge function.

Next time this happens, I will give it a try.

Thanks

Rob Wilkens

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @RobWilk, you’re right, that was a really interesting and helpful article.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.