Planned Spending Bar Won't Update after new transaction

Options
SRC54
SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2023 in Report a Bug
I've noticed this behavior for a while but until today I didn't research it much.  This happens in multiple web browsers.  Everything else updates:  Account balance, Watched Categories, the Transaction Card on Dashboard, etc.  But the Planned Spending Bar won't budge.  Even if you double click on it to open the transactions, the new transaction isn't there.  It will not update until you sign out and back in again.

I think this is a bug because it should update immediately.  Even blocking the cookies makes no difference. 

Steve
Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @SRC54,

Thank you for reporting this behavior to the Community.

Have you tried just refreshing the page instead of signing out and back in to see if doing so resolves the missing transaction from the Planned Spending expense? 

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie
  • SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Coach Natalie
    Oh yes, many times. It makes no difference.  Those Planned Spending Budget Bars don't budge.  Until I sign out and back in.  Everything else updates immediately without having to do anything.

Steve

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Flopbot
    @DannyB

This bug of the Spending Plan's Planned Spending Bars not updating that I describe should be easy to reproduce.  Just add a dummy expense transaction for something you planned and see if it moves the bar.

I use a Mac with Safari (latest version) as well as a Chromium browser.  I can confirm it works right in the iOS apps.

Thanks.

Steve

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Coach Natalie

I found that after I enter a manual transaction, I can click on the affected Planned Spending Bar, choose Edit Expense, and then the Update Button, and it will update.  It seems to know it needs to update but hasn't.  At least, this is a workaround.

I found that interesting.  However If I thendelete the transaction and go to  Edit Expense, the Update button is not live, so it will not update.

Maybe this will help.

Steve

• Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @SRC54,

Thank you for following up!

I haven't noticed any issues with Planned Spending expenses not updating with transaction changes, however, when testing this from the Planned Spending expense directly, I am also seeing the issue. I am seeing the issue occur with both newly added transactions, as well as when deleting a transaction, and am also only seeing it on the Web App. 

I have gone ahead and gotten this behavior reported and will be sure to let you know as soon as an update is received. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-15317
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @SRC54,

Thank you for your patience as this was being worked on!

It looks like this issue is now resolved. When testing, I am no longer personally seeing the issue. Would you mind confirming that it's resolved for you as well, please? 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie It took a few tries to get it to work right (I guess the cache had to be cleared) but it seems fixed now on both Safari and Chromium. Thanks!

Steve

This discussion has been closed.