“Bill Paid” notification shows wrong message

Options
BradleyBenSmith
BradleyBenSmith Member
edited November 2023 in Report a Bug
I saw another thread for this, but it was closed.

The “Your bill was paid!” notification says “more than” when it should be “less than”.

[edited images to reduce size]

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @BradleyBenSmith,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you experienced this behavior in Simplifi. 

To clarify, did this just occur one time, or are you seeing the issue with multiple "bill paid" Notifications? If this is the only time you've seen the issue, I'd suggest keeping an eye on it and letting us know if it happens again in hopes that this was just a one-off occurrence. Since we won't be able to fix the Notification that was already generated, we just want to keep an eye out for the behavior to reoccur; at that point, we'd consider it a reportable bug. 

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie
  • BradleyBenSmith
    Options
    I’ve seen it before. I should have another one in a day or two.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @BradleyBenSmith,

Thanks for confirming!

Yes, let's wait for one more example so we can show the Product Team this is a continuous issue. I will also need some additional information from you in order to submit a bug report. You can provide the additional information at the time you provide screenshots of the second example. :smile:
    • If you use the Web App, confirm that the issue is also presented there when viewing the same Notification.
    • If it is, provide the browser you're using, the version of the browser, and the OS of your PC.
    • If you just use the Mobile App, instead provide the make, model, and OS of your mobile device.
    Please also submit your logs after the second example Notification is generated by following these steps:
    1. Log into the Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send

-Coach Natalie
  • BradleyBenSmith
    Options
    Yes, I see the same issue on another notification. Using Safari 16.3 (18614.4.6.1.6) on macOS 13.2.1 (22D68).

Reference 367179361592545024

• Coach Natalie
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Hello @BradleyBenSmith,

Thanks for posting back and providing the requested details!

Unfortunately, we weren't able to use the second example since the details of the associated Recurring Series were not provided. With that said, however, I did go ahead and get this escalated using just the first example and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received. 

I would like to go ahead and get the second example added to the ticket, though. Please provide a screenshot of the Recurring Series details for Spectrum so we can show the Product Team that this is occurring with multiple 'Bill Paid' Notifications. 

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-15379
  • ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

This morning I got the following notification:

This didn't seem right to me, so I checked out the spending plan.

So the upshot is that the notification should have read "This is $7.38 less than expected."

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @ajbopp,

Thank you for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I apologize that you're also experiencing this behavior in Simplifi.

As you can see from the discussion above, this issue has already been reported. I went ahead and added your info to the ticket so our Product Team can see that it's impacting multiple users. I'll be sure to post back here as soon as an update is received.

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@BradleyBenSmith & @ajbopp, this issue should be fixed, or a fix is really close to being deployed — can you guys let me know if you continue to see an issue with this, please? Maybe allow a week or so to make sure the fix is out (there's no release version available for this type of fix).

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.