Cannot update or add USAA account

Options
fooblahblah
fooblahblah Member
Upon logging in this morning I saw a lightning bolt type of icon next to my USAA accounts. A message appeared saying the USAA integration is new and improved. Anyway, I attempted to update the connection and when I try to sign in a popup message appears with an error "Validation error".

Same happens after deleting and trying to re-add an account. Is this a known issue? Kind of a deal breaker to me if it's not fixed soon.
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @fooblahblah,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to USAA in Simplifi. 

Please go ahead and give this a try from a different browser. If the issue persists, please also try in incognito or private mode. The error message window you're receiving from USAA's API should not be happening, and I'm wondering if it may be something with the browser. 

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie
  • JVM
    JVM Member
    Options
    I got the same lightning bolt notification this morning when I logged in to Simplifi on my laptop using the Safari browser. Everything worked as it should, including my ability to add a USAA credit card, which had disappeared from my updates about three or four months ago.
  • fooblahblah
    Options
    Thanks. I tried this with Firefox and was able to successfully add my USAA accounts. So this issue seems specific to Chromium on Linux (NixOS 22.11)
  • fooblahblah
    Options
    Just a follow-up with kudos. The new USAA integration using the API is sweet! Very fast and no 2-factor to deal with. Good job.
This discussion has been closed.