Balance with Pending not working

spyderdan
spyderdan Member ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Troubleshooting
I have the "Balance with Pending" option selected for this account already (It has been set for weeks for what it's worth)

From my bank (Chase). You can see that the listed balance of this account is $220.99 with a pending transaction of -2,812.66 (already reflected in the $220.99 balance)

Despite the option in the account setting, Simplify notified me and reflects that the bank balance is -2591.67 (Double counting the pending transaction still)

How do i correct this behavior?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Hello @spyderdan,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing a balance discrepancy in Simplifi. 

Although you do currently have the correct 'Balance with Pending' setting selected for the account, I'm not sure that this feature applies to Chase accounts. Just to cover all of our bases before submitting an escalation, please go ahead and deselect the 'Balance with pending' checkbox under the account settings, save the change, and then allow 4-6 hours for the next successful refresh. I'd like to determine if changing this setting makes any difference. 

If the issue persists, please go ahead and change the setting back to where the checkbox for 'Balance with Pending' is selected, and then wait another 4-6 hours for the next successful refresh to see if doing so corrects the balance in Simplifi. 

If the issue still persists, next we'll have you go ahead and reset the connection for the account by following these steps: 
    1. Hover over the menu on the left-hand side and select Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Locate the Financial Institution that's receiving the error and select the three dots at the end of it.
    4. Select Reset connection and then click Reset.
    5. Enter your credentials, then click Connect.
    6. Once your accounts are presented, select the Link to option to the right of each account.
    7. Click Link To and select the matching accountNote: If Simplifi brings in any additional accounts that you don't want to be added, you can choose Don't Add to Simplifi from the same menu, or you can also add new accounts that weren't in Simplifi prior by selecting Add to Simplifi from the same menu.
    8. Click Complete when done.
    Please let us know how it goes! 

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• spyderdan
    spyderdan Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    I figured out another circumstance related to this.
    It appears there there is a inherit difference it how "Pending" transactions are treated on my Chase accounts.

Let's break it down into two types
    Pending "Transactions" (e.g. ACH debits,deposits,card transactions)
    Pending "Transfers" (e.g. Chase to Chase account transfers. This includes credit card payments between Chase checking and Chase issued credit cards)

Simplifi is properly handling the correct balance for pending "Transactions". The Issue is only present with pending "Transfers"
    While on Chase it shows these as PENDING, however they are essentially cleared in reality. As a workaround, I just flag the transaction in my register as CLEARED and it reconciles properly. Seems to only effect these transfer types of pending debits/credits.
This discussion has been closed.