Baxter Credit Union Visa shows all pending transactions as a credit

Options
cfields
cfields Member ✭✭
If I have a -$500 balance on my baxter credit union (BCU) Visa and I have $100 in pending charges, then simplifi would show the balance as -$400.  All the pending transactions show up with '+' in front of them and are counted as a credit.  So the balance shown by simplifi is always too low because pending charges are subtracted.   

Comments

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @cfields,

Try playing around with this checkbox for your account and see if it helps...

On a Desktop (NOT Mobile), click Settings > Accounts > Find your Baxter Credit Union Visa Account > Edit.

If it's unchecked, check it and click Update.  Give Simplifi a day to do a download or two and see if the numbers are closer to what you expect.  If not then undo what you did and post back.

I don't fully understand the details of this checkbox, but if you search for "Balance with Pending" in the forum, I know you'll find some pretty good posts where it's explained pretty clearly.  It has something to do with how each individual bank decides to code their data and then sync it with Simplifi.

So far, I've gotten lucky and not needed to worry about it with any of my accounts...or I'm just not that observant...both equally possible.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • cfields
    cfields Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'll play w/it - thanks @Flopbot!
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @cfields,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this behavior in Simplifi. 

To clarify, does the transaction only show as a reversed amount (positive instead of negative) for pending charges? If so, what happens when the transaction clears? Also, do you have any additional accounts with Baxter Credit Union, or is it just the credit card? If you do have other accounts, do they also present the same issue with pending transactions? 

Although what @Flopbot suggested should fix a balance issue with pending transactions, it won't resolve the root of the problem you're seeing with the reversed amount. Also, disabling Simplifi from counting pending transactions towards the balance to solve the balance issue would prevent you from getting an accurate balance in Simplifi that (properly) counts pending transactions. 

Instead, we would want to escalate the issue with pending transactions showing as a reversed amount to resolve the root of the problem. To do so, please provide the answer to the above questions so we can get a clearer idea of what's going on, as well as the following information: 
    1. The name of the credit card account, as it appears in Simplifi. 
    2. The Date, Payee, and Amount of an example pending transaction that is currently showing with a reversed amount (if you have multiple, please provide 2-3 examples). 
    3. The current balance for the account, as displayed in Simplifi. 
    4. The current balance for the account, as displayed on the bank's website. 
    5. A screenshot of the pending transactions(s) from the Simplifi account register. 
    6. A screenshot of the same pending transactions from the bank's website. 
    Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie
  • cfields
    cfields Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie, I would be happy to share that information but not with the whole world😀 Is there a way to share it in confidence and link to this post?

What I can share is that pending transactions shows up with a ‘+’ and then become ‘-’ (which is correct) when they post. For example, from my bank here is a pending transaction:

FRESH THYME #508 REF #002472Pending-$285.00

The corresponding transaction From my credit card account in Simplifi transaction view:

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @cfields,

Thanks for posting back!

You can share private details via a DM to me here in the Community if you'd like, however, the discussion would then be brought back to this post in the Community. Alternatively, if you'd prefer a more private support experience, you'll want to contact our Support Team directly.

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.