Monthly income being added as weekly in Spending Plan

Options
rogerp
rogerp Member
edited April 2023 in Report a Bug

I've found and added a monthly income transaction to add to my spending plan. The Spending Plan is thinking it should be weekly and adding it as 5 transactions instead of one. When I click the three dots of the first one and click View Series, the series also shows the total of an incorrect 5 transactions of my income in the single month. If I then click Options and Edit Series, the series looks fine. It says frequency is every month.

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi @rogerp

That seems odd. Have you tried deleting the series and recreating it? That's my frist thought and then see if the problem of weekly reminders pops up again.

I'm sure Coach Natalie will be along in awhile with some troubleshooting questions and tips.

[corrected user tag]

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • rogerp
    rogerp Member
    Options

Hi, yes I tried a couple times. Same thing each time.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @rogerp,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you're experiencing this behavior in Simplifi.

To clarify, are you only seeing the 5 Reminders in the Spending Plan for the month of April, or are you just seeing the issue for March? Also, is it possible that multiple Series have been created for this item? You can determine this by navigating to Settings > Recurring.

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• rogerp
    rogerp Member
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie,

I am seeing the multiple weekly reminders in the Spending Plan for April and future months too.

In Recurring, I have one income reminder set to Every month.

Roger

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @rogerp,

Thanks for checking that out and confirming!

Let's do a little bit of troubleshooting to see if we can narrow this down:

1. First, please create a new Recurring Series using the same exact details as the problematic one (a duplicate) to see if the same issue occurs with the duplicate.
    2. If the issue does occur with the duplicate Series, please create some new Income Series' using different details, such as a different Amount, a different Income Category, a different payment Account, etc.

If step one results in the duplicate Recurring Series correcting the problem, you can go ahead and just delete the problematic one and then double-check to make sure that the Reminders are now displayed properly in the Spending Plan with the new Series. However, if the issue persists with the duplicate Series, please proceed to the next step to perform some additional testing. I'm hoping that we can narrow the issue down to perhaps a particular Income Category or something along those lines, or it will help us determine if it's all Income Series that have the issue, etc.

If you determine that all Income Series you create have the same issue, let's next have you create a new Recurring Bill or Subscription Series to see if the problem is also present there.

Once you've gotten your findings from the above testing, the last thing I'd like to have you do is attempt to create the Recurring Income Series from a different browser and/or the Simplifi Mobile App (if you use it). First, you can delete the original problematic Series, as well as any new ones that were created while testing, and then navigate to another browser or the Mobile App and recreate the Series there.

Please let us know what you find out!

-Coach Natalie

• rogerp
    rogerp Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie,

Ok I discovered the following:

If add other income, either from a different transaction or by adding it manually, the problem does not occur.

The problem always occurs just for this monthly transaction, when I pick it from the list, and click Create.

It occurs no matter if I do it in Chrome, Firefox, or in the mobile app. So it's not liking something about this particular transaction for some reason.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @rogerp,

Thanks for posting back with additional details!

To clarify, have you now created this Recurring Income Series manually? If so, does it display correctly in the Spending Plan? I'd say if you're able to manually create the Series under Settings>Recurring instead of from the transaction, and doing so seems to resolve the issue in the Spending Plan, go ahead and use the manually created Series in hopes that this is a one-off issue with that particular transaction.

However, please be sure to keep an eye on things and let us know if creating Recurring Income (or any Recurring Series for that matter) directly from a transaction becomes a reoccurring problem. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• rogerp
    rogerp Member
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie,

Yes I can create it manually. Ok I have done that now. Will report if it happens for any future transactions.

Roger

This discussion has been closed.