My February Wrap-Up

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2023 in How do you Simplifi?

Good news all around for me in February. My net income was 462% higher than January. There were some obvious factors behind such an astonishing number. A pretty large income tax refund meant my income was significantly higher, and my expenses were 38% lower than January.

All this contributed to getting my first Savvy Spender badge, and that means I now have a badge or more in every category. Woohoo!

Since I have consolidated my Savings Goals into 4 or 5 broad categories that encompass different things (clothing and furniture both come out of the same SG, for instance), I created a small spreadsheet so that I can refresh my memory of what ever SG includes, add or remove items as necessary (I have a SG for annual subscriptions, for example, but I'm not sure I've remembered them all - I may have to add some later as they come to mind). It also allows me to track when and for what I've spent money from the SG.

I went a few dollars over on my planned spending for Entertainment, and I've already gone over this month, so I may have to adjust that. However, both months were for something unusual so I'm going to leave it where it's at for now.

For the first time, I feel like I have a solid grip on using Simplifi to guide me through my finances.

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Awesome @ajbopp ! Thanks for the wrap up. I'm still waiting for my first Prompt Payer badge.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Congrats @ajbopp! It's a great feeling when you cross that bridge from ‘what in the world is going on here’ to 'so that's how it works'!

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.