Overall Account Balances are Updating, but indiv transactions for some accounts are not

Options
bag189
bag189 Member

First week with the app. Noticing there is different behavior across my accounts

1. Accounts update indiv transacitons and overall balance several times a day (this is what I want to see)
    1. Chase
    2. Barclays
  2. Overall balance is updated, but new indiv transactions are not updating (this behavior is sub optimal)
    1. M1 Finance
    2. Wells Fargo

Why is this happening? Is this normal behavior? Is this a known issue?

thanks

Comments

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

@bag189 could you offer a little more info to help the Community help you?

1. Type of Accounts (Checking, Savings, Investment Accounts, etc.)
    2. Is Simplifi throwing up any error messages? You can find this out most easily by going to Desktop App (on a computer or laptop)>Settings>Accounts>scroll down and look for any red, yellow, or orange highlighted error messages. If you find them, report the Error Codes.
    3. Screenshots are always appreciated as a picture is worth a thousand words! Fee free to black out any personal stuff you don't want everyone to see.
    4. Are you sure that there have been transactions between when you synced the account to the time of your post?

I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting to ask for.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @bag189

while following @flopbot 's suggestions here are a couple of possibilities for what you seeing.

1. Some banks will download pending transactions and others won't

2. Typically credit card accounts will post pending transactions close to real time a d when you refresh Simplifi and your CC bank downloads pending you will see them in Simplifi through the day.

3. My experience with Wells Fargo checking, savings, cc is once daily updates for posted transactions only. I suspect other checking ans savings banks are the same.

Some ideas of what you're seeing.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.