What does "Don't Auto-Update" Mean?

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2023 in Bills and Income

My mortgage holder has for years been telling me that my next payment is due a month after it is actually due. That is, My next payment will be auto-withdrawn on April 5, but they report the due date isn't until May 5.

All of this nonsense means that Simplifi insists on skipping the next mortgage payment in April, throwing my cash flow forecast into disarray.

My idea was to use “Don't auto-update” for both the amount (since I pay extra each month) and Next Date. But every day when I refresh my accounts, I see that the date is a month off again.

Is there an issue here, or am I not understanding the intended feature of this selection?

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @ajbopp,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

"Don't auto-update" means that the Recurring Series Amount and/or Date (whichever is selected to not auto-update) will stay in line with the original Recurring Series setup instead of updating to the Amount and/or Date provided by the Biller via Bill Connect. This is outlined in more detail in our Bill Connect Support Article here.

If you're still seeing an issue even with this option selected, I'd suggest disconnecting from the Biller since you're setting up the Series to not update with the info provided by the Biller anyway. This will help you determine if the issue you're experiencing is caused by Bill Connect specifically, or something else.

Also, it is my understanding that Wells Fargo will soon no longer be available to connect to via Bill Connect, so you will end up having to disconnect from them as a Biller regardless. This is set to take place at the end of the month, and you will receive an in-product message letting you know since you're an impacted customer.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ajbopp Right of the top of my head I's say the dates given by the bank have to do with mortgage payments are paid in arrears thus your payment is always one month behind when it is due.

As far as setting the payment up in Simplifi, do you have this payment set up for bill connect with WF? If so that may be why it reverrts back to the auto date and amount. Maybe disconnecting from bill connect would fix the problem in Simplifi? It would still be a recurring bill on the due date specified, but it wouldn't be auto updating from the bank. Just a bit of brainstorming.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie OK, I'll take care of that today. Thanks!

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

This discussion has been closed.