Reminder amount edits are reverting to the original amount (edited)

System
System Administrator admin
edited January 5 in Report a Bug
This discussion was created from comments split from: Edits made to Reminder amounts are reverting to the Biller amount (edited).
Tagged:

Comments

• MrGood
    MrGood Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

I've been having this issue as well for some time.

The recurring transaction is NOT tied to a Biller in my case (i.e., due dates and amounts shouldn't be auto-updating).

In the latest instance of this issue, I updated the “reminder” to $20.68 yesterday (as shown below) and today, the reminder has now reverted to the recurring series amount ($100).

[edited images to reduce size]

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you ever edit the series and save changes, this overwrites the whole series includling manual edits,and would cause what you reported

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @MrGood,

Thank you for capturing an example of this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing this behavior in Simplifi.

Since it's possible that this issue is separate from what the other user was experiencing using Bill Connect, I'm going to go ahead and get this reported separately. First, however, I did want to confirm what @RobWilk mentioned and make sure that you did not edit the actual Series any time between editing the Reminder and the amount reverting. Also, is this reoccurring behavior, or did you notice it with just this one Reminder? If the former, do you have another example, by chance?

Please provide the following additional information for an escalation:

1. If you use the Simplifi Mobile App, does the issue also occur there?
    2. The browser and browser OS you're using to access Simplifi.
    3. The OS of the computer you're accessing Simplifi from.

Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback.
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie

• MrGood
    MrGood Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

I am confirming that I have not edited the series in between editing reminders. In fact, this is the 2nd time that I create this particular series because I had the same issue with the previous one. This issue has existed for many months now but hadn't really bothered to report it.

It seems to be isolated to this one since I was able to edit a different reminder (which is linked to a series not connected to Biller and linked to the same credit card) and have not had this 'reset' type issue.

On the series/reminder that is broken, I have been able to recreate the issue pretty consistently.

Responses to your other questions:

1. I'll have to given this one a try. I mostly just use the web app
    2. Safari Version 16.3 (18614.4.6.1.6)
    3. MacOS Ventura 13.2.1

Logs have been submitted —> reference id 370742896815781888

• Coach Natalie

Hello @MrGood,

Thank you for providing the requested information!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-15683

• MrGood
    MrGood Member ✭✭✭✭

To add to my response on question #1, I edited the 'reminder' in question via the mobile app. Surely enough, the reminder reverted again.

• Coach Natalie

@MrGood, thanks for your patience as this issue was being worked on!

A fix for this should have been deployed — can you keep an eye out and let us know how it goes, please?

-Coach Natalie

• MrGood
    MrGood Member ✭✭✭✭

I think it’s been fixed frankly. I’ve made a few month specific adjustments and haven’t seen the revert behavior. I think this can be closed.

This discussion has been closed.