Can I restore default categories?

Options
rbusch86
rbusch86 Member
edited April 2023 in Categories and Tags

Is there a way to restore the default spending limit categories?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @rbusch86,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

There is not currently a way to restore the default Category list that I'm aware of. You should be able to recreate the Categories manually, however, and the Support Article provided by @DannyB above will outline the steps to do so.

If you're still experiencing trouble with creating Categories, please provide us with more information and what specifically occurs so we can get a clear idea of what's going on.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @rbusch86

Can you clarify what you are asking? When you say "spending limit categories" do you mean the "categories" you create in the Spending Plan to budget for fluxuating monthly expenses under Planned Spending? Or are you talking about the the the categories in Settings > categories & tags that you use to categorize all your spending? Or perhaps you are refering to the Watchlist "categories"?

If the first and third, I don't think there are default groups and if it the second, I'm not sure but someone will know and can tell you. In the meantime HERE is a Support article about managing spending categories.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • rbusch86
    rbusch86 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Thanks @DannyB for the response. I'm wanting this for both assigning categories to transactions and from there to monthly "budget" spending limits. For example, I previously deleted the category containing food. And now when I try to create a new "Food" category, it doesn't work. I was thinking just resetting the original categories would be best.

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@rbusch86 , I'm late to the game, and you've probably alread realized this, but it is much easier to adjust Categories from a desktop/laptop vs. mobile. If you're going to do a wholesale reset of your Categories, do it from a desktop/laptop or you'll drive yourself nuts!

Were you ever able to recreate your Food category? If not, like @Coach Natalie said "what specifically occurs so we can get a clear idea of what's going on."

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.