Accounts don’t refresh for Shared Spaces / Sharing

Options
jacob90
jacob90 Member
edited April 2023 in Report a Bug

Hey there

Not sure if this is by design but I have 2 shared spaces and I noticed that the primary accounts load and refresh fine. However , if I switch to either two accounts they don't refresh the latest account info.

I'm always displayed these errors ,

the only fix is to have the primary account owner on the other spaces /accounts log in and then I have to wait for it to refresh. Is this expected ?

[edited images to reduce size]

Comments

• MrGood
    MrGood Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

IMHO, I might say that NOT refreshing on the secondary (shared) accounts would be a desired feature. Many financial instutions require 2FA for every refresh and many of these are SMS based. Therefore, if the shared users start going in at random times, it will trigger another round of SMS messages to the primary account owner that has their mobile as the SMS target.

• jacob90
    Options

@MrGood good note, there has to be an in between . Currently seems it just won't refresh at all so until the other user logs into simplifi / opens the App.

Don't really see the point of sharing if it's stale data. Had one for a couple days without refresh til I asked the person .

I get 2fa but not all accounts are that way, if it's the desired way then I get it but would be good to have clarification on that or have an option to toggle if there aren't any 2fa accounts

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @jacob90,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to update some bank accounts while Space Sharing.

It is my understanding that connected accounts should update in Spaces being shared with you. The only exception I can think of is what @MrGood pointed out — the accounts in question may need to have MFA performed in order to be able to update. Are you prompted to complete MFA for any accounts when accessing the Space(s) in question? Have you asked the account holders if the problematic accounts have MFA enabled and if they're prompted to perform MFA when updating the accounts in Simplifi, by chance?

When viewing your account from our end, I see that you have 3 Simplifi datasets. I'm assuming that you have one of your own, and the other 2 are the Spaces being shared with you. I'm not sure which one is which, however, I did view the accounts linked to each of them and the only one I'm seeing with an error is for Fidelity. Are you currently receiving an error for the accounts in question? If so, what is the name of the Space that the error is being received on, as well as the name of the account receiving the error, as it appears in Simplifi?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.