Removing Recurring Series Resets Transaction Payee Name, Category, etc.

Flopbot
Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm in the middle of redoing a whole bunch of transactions while I continue to work towards figuring out a workable cash envelope system for our family. Currently, I find myself undoing an - apparently - bad idea that had around 13 transactions tied to one particular Recurring Series. All the transactions reside in a synced account so originally, they downloaded with a particular set of Payee Name, Category, etc.

What I wanted to do was in this order:

1. Create NEW Recurring Series.
  2. Unlink all the transactions from the OLD Recurring Series.
  3. Delete the OLD Recurring Series.
  4. Relink all the transactions to the NEW Recurring Series.

However, when I remove the transactions from the unwanted Recurring Series using this button…

I found that they all ?consistently? un-link AND appear to reset the Payee Name, Category, etc. back to what was originally downloaded.

For future reference, here are two example transactions ($700). The Dec. 2nd one is immediately after being un-linked. The Jan 3rd one is after I fixed it - what it looked like before I unl-linked it.

If necesary, I turned in this feedback using the Profile > Hold Down Alt Button > Send Feedback.

Chris
Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
New to Simplifi in 2021.
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @Flopbot,

Thank you for reporting this behavior to the Community, although I apologize that this process isn't working as expected for you.

When unlinking a transaction from a Reminder by either using the "unlink" option or by deleting the associated Recurring Series, the details of the transactions that were changed during linking (Payee and Category) will revert back to the original details. This is mentioned in our Support Article here

"Once unlinked from the transaction, the Recurring Reminder will be added back to the Upcoming view. The transaction changes that occurred at the time of linking (Category and Payee) will also be reverted."

With that said, since your plan is to set up a new Recurring Series and then link the transactions in question to the new Series, the transactions would then take on the Payee and Category of the new Series. So, you may not need to do anything to resolve this matter other than link the transactions to the new Series.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahhh. Darn, I should have liked it first. Instead I changed everything first and then linked it so I didn't get to see the t where it adjusted the Payee Name, Category, etc. after linking it

If this latest idea proves to be bad, maybe I'll get another shot!

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.