Typing Category For Easier Sorting

Options
farm_astronaut
farm_astronaut Member

Hi Simplifi Team!

I'm new to the tool (moving from Monarch) and something I've noticed we're unable to do is type-to-find categories.

When adding "Tags" I'm able to just type keywords to find the desired tag but unfortunately that's not available for the "Category" column. Is there any settings that I can change or maybe use this post as a feature request?

I believe would definitely help users with a high transaction volume to sort their expenses faster.

I appreciate your time.

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @farm_astronaut,

Thanks for posting to the Community!

I'm not sure I'm following the issue. You can type into the Category field and search for existing Categories or create new ones, just as you can with the Tag field —

With that said, please provide more details as to what specifically is occurring so we can get a clearer picture of what's going on.

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

[EDIT]

I deleted my first response because it was all kinds of messed up and I didn't want to add confusion. @farm_astronaut can you telll us where you are seeing this in the app, whether you're using mobile or web, and what OS/browser you may be using?

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• farm_astronaut
    Options

I'm using the web version on Safari, macOS Ventura 13.2.1

• farm_astronaut
    Options

Hi Natalie,

Thank you for the video demonstration. I realized that I was clicking the "Category" dropdown and then typing. That wasn't working.

After seeing your video I realized that if I highlight then type it works. Interesting!

Thank you for your help and time!

This discussion has been closed.