Watchlists: Ability to scroll through Category/Payee list w/out having to click "show more" (edited)

Options
jgrede
jgrede Member
edited April 2023 in Feature Requests

After scrolling for awhile the user is stopped and asked to click on 'show more categories '. So you have to stop and click on this before you can see more categories. Why is this needed, the user should be allowed to continue scrolling without clicking on the this nuisance button?

would like to see this removed

5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'd vote this up if it were an idea post.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @jgrede,

Thanks for posting your suggestion to the Community!

I'm not personally seeing anywhere that I have to select "show more categories" when viewing Categories on both the Mobile and Web Apps; I checked from a transaction, as well as the Categories list under Settings>Categories. I'd be happy to turn this into an Idea post, however, we first need to understand where exactly this prompt occurs and under what circumstances.

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie This behavior only exists in the Watchlist area as far as I know. Creating or editing a Watch item will show this behavior.

For the community in general, this approach is generally taken to avoid unnecessary data transmission and thus save costs (for the company, not the user.) However, this approach is only used one place in the application, and I would suppose a little-used place at that, and so my guess is that the savings is negligible.

Personally, I always search for my categories by typing in the first few letters (which works fine in the Watchlist page) so it doesn't affect me.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As a second opinion to confirm, I see this behavior too under watchlist area. I also find it moderately annoying,

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction @ajbopp & @RobWilk!

I do see this for Watchlists as well, and it seems to be specific to Watchlists, as I am not seeing this when creating a Planned Spending expense, a Recurring Series, or anywhere else in the program. I thought it might be a bug, but I am seeing it for the Payee list in Watchlists as well, so I think it's just a Watchlist thing. I didn't see it with Tags, but I may not have enough Tags for the behavior to apply.

At any rate, I did go ahead and turn this into an Idea post and added the Payee list as well (if they change it for the Category list, they may as well fix the Payee list too). Please be sure to add your votes!

-Coach Natalie