Account Transfers downloaded transactions not recognized Continued Saga

Options
Strahan001
Strahan001 Member ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Report a Bug

Hi there,

I am following up on a thread that was opened a year ago titled "Account Transfers downloaded transactions not recognized". I was wondering if this bug is on the list to be addressed. At the end of the day what I am seeing is that a scheduled transfer between two accounts at the same institution are not be recognzied when the download occurs from the bank. Note that if I do "recurring transfers" it works just fine. It is only the creation of a one time transfer.

For example.

If I create a transfer from my "vacation fund" to my "primary checking account", it is scheduled for April 20th. On the 20th of April, the transaction for the (+) side of the transaction is fine, the (-) side comes in as a new transaction so my "vacation fund" will show a pending transaction of the amount for 4/20 and will then show a transaction that is not pending for the exact amount. The only way to fix this is to go into the register, delete the transaction that is NOT pending, then clear the pending transaction. This does NOT occur for recurring transactions for the same institution, the same amounts and even for the same exact dates as I have tested it.

Thank you

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Strahan001,

Thanks for reaching back out regarding this issue, although I apologize for the frustration.

To clarify, as stated in the previous post you created for this issue (available here), the solution for duplicate transactions where one is downloaded and one is manually entered is to delete one of the duplicates. This is also the case if both transactions were downloaded from the bank, but one of them is 'Pending'. This information is outlined in our Support Article here.

Since we have resolution steps available for these particular instances, we would not consider the behavior a bug and instead recommend following the steps. These instances are not something that we'd look at escalating.

Sorry for not having a better answer for you!

-Coach Natalie

• Strahan001
    Strahan001 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie

I understand what you're saying, but the system can handle the transaction without any issues when it's set up as a recurring transaction, but the problem only arises when it's a one-off transaction. The steps provided are not a solution to the problem, but rather just a workaround for the way the platform currently operates. I believe I have provided sufficient information and a clear use case with testing steps for a developer to review the issue. It's possible that there's an underlying issue with the platform's architecture that makes it difficult to fix the problem, and if that's the case, I would appreciate it if you could let me know.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Strahan001,

Thanks for posting back!

Although I'm not aware of the specifics, I do know that after many duplicate transaction escalations, we outlined a process to correct the issue in certain instances instead of escalating. Since your particular situation can be resolved by following the troubleshooting steps, it's not something we'd consider escalating.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.