Show a breakdown of what Savings Goals an account has contributed to in Account Balances (edited)

CharlesStello
CharlesStello Member
edited April 2022 in Feature Requests
Hey, I love Simplifi and the savings goals however in the account page when it shows the breakdown per account is just says savings goals rather than a break down of how much is going to which savings goals.

it would be great if you could make it to where instead of savings goals: $200 it would say Vacation: $100 emergency fund: $100.

Nothing fancy just easily being able to see the amount of money each account is contributing to each saving goal as I have multiple. Thanks guys!
5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @CharlesStello,

Thanks for posting your suggestion to the Community!

To clarify, are you referring to the 'Savings Goals' amount that's displayed with your account balances?

Please let us know, thank you! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • TommyMac
    TommyMac Member ✭✭✭✭

Havin the new sub entry for money allocated to Goals from an account is great, but it doesn't give an at a glance understnading of where you are with a goal.

Right now, under an account, we just have the entry "Savings Goals". I use high interest online savings accounts to store Goal money, since it is sittiing there and should earn interest. Given that, I may have one to many different goals allocated from that account. Bundling the total saved up into a single entry called "Savings Goals" doesn't help. It should be multi-line; "Vacation Savings", "New house savings", "New car", etc.

Also, a given Goal should allow funding from different accounts. Perhaps a long term goal (1-5 years) will be funded partially by a CD, I might buy that CD from my Checking bank, but allocate it to a "New car" Goal, which is otherwise being funded through a high interest savings account. I.e.

Checking Bank $ 5,500
    Vacation Goal 800

Available $4,700

Checking Bank CD $10,000
    New Car Goal $ 3,000

Avaiable $ 7,000

Online Bank $6,500
    New Car Goal 1,500
    Vacation Goal 2,200

Available $2,800

You should also be able to see a transaction list in the Goals rather than just the total saved.

Just some thoughts.

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@CharlesStello ,

This could potentially make the Accounts List pretty busy and very long (I have 17 Savings Goals). However, I certainly see why this would be really beneficial so would you also be okay if when you clicked the highlighted…

…it took you to that info? Right now, clicking this takes you to the Savings Goals home page ("By goal"). What it it took you to "By account" instead - ideally, it would jump you directly to the account you just clicked?

I'd absolutely vote for that!

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

I have 36 savings goals and do not need to see them on my account list. [edit: If this is added, at least make it collapse-able]

I did recently need to see 'by account' and didn't know that was there —— In my case, I contibuted to -one- of those 36 savings goals from the wrong account, and it had seemed the only way to find out which one was to open each goal and look. By account view would've made that easier. But that's there, i just wasn't aware of it.

Rob Wilkens

• TommyMac
    TommyMac Member ✭✭✭✭

I think that would be agreat solution as well. I can see where someone who's goal oriented could have quite a list in the accounts. I'd still like to see a transaction list so you knew what transactions went to what goal(s).